Chapter One

The Neighbor

"Tori!" Tori's aunt Brenda exclaims as she pulls her youngest niece to the side. The family had just come over to the large farm style home for dinner after church.

After singing on the worship team for two services, teaching Sunday school, and running church projection for the third service, it's safe to say Tori was well exhausted. She wanted to go home and take a nap, but her Aunt Brenda told her that this was mandatory.

And yes, her parents made her come anyway.

"So before we head in, I just have to warn you that my new neighbor is inside!"

The woman's excitement throws Tori off, Brenda has been married to Chase for the last twenty two years. How is she attracted to the new neighbor? Why is he over her house? More importantly, why is Chase allowing this?

She laughs seeing Tori's face.

"Oh sweetie, he's around your age. Would I really have the audacity to cheat on my husband in front of him and our children, and with someone so young?" She dramatically says.

Tori lets out a loud laugh as her family heads inside, clearly starving.

"Let's go meet him!"

Tori shakes her head at her aunt.

"Here she goes playing match maker. Lord, I told You I wanted to wait an entire year before meeting someone new." She says quietly in her head as she and her aunt head inside.

The excitement takes over Aunt Brenda and she races through her house holding Tori's hand. Tori can barely keep up and nearly stumbles in her heels. A young man is making small talk with Tori's mom and Uncle Chase when Brenda stops immediately, sending Tori forward.

It was either fall on her face, or fall into people like a bowling ball. Either way, she's falling.

A strong hand catches her and prevents her from stumbling. "Are you okay?" Tori nods and thanks the person for helping her.

It was the guy from the video that Aunt Brenda sent to her last week. The video that had her heart break, yet gave her so much hope and grateful for Jesus saving his life. Though she didn't know him, she had so much compassion for his testimony.

She didn't ever think they'd meet.

"Tori, this is Andre! This is who I wanted you to meet." Says Aunt Brenda.

"Andre, this is Tori!" Uncle Chase explains.

Allwyn, Laura, and Noah look at each other and back at the two young adults in from of them.

"You brought them here so that they could hit it off?" Noah chuckles, earning a smack on the head from Laura. Allwyn chuckles and is met by a glare from his wife.

"Sorry." He whispers.

A million thoughts race through Tori's mind as Andre starts talking to her, while the only thought in Andre's head is, "She's so beautiful."

After sensing all eyes were on them in the room, the two decide to sit in the backyard for dinner. The large house started to feel stuffy for the both of them.

"Great job on the worship team during first service." Tori smiles.

"You were there?"

"I'm always at the ten o'clock service. I've been there for four years or so." Tori nods her head as she wraps her arms around herself.

"Thank you. All glory to God though." She responds. Andre nods his head in agreement and eats a spoonful of baked macaroni and cheese.

"Amen."

Tori on the other hand takes small bites to avoid falling asleep.

Andre notices how tired she is before he grabs her plate of food, leaving her confused before he wraps a heavy napkin over it and sits it next to him. He then passes her his sweater, sensing how cold she is.

"Thank you." Tori chuckles and appreciates the warmth.

Hours fly by and before they knew it, Tori's parents came out and told her that they were leaving to go home.

Except Tori didn't want to leave. She had become to intrigued with her new friend Andre's stories and his love for Jesus that she didn't want to leave.

"Hey what are you doing on Saturday afternoon?"

"I'm not sure, why what's up?" The two continue to talk, leaving Allwyn irritated because he was ready to leave. He hadn't even noticed Andre's sweater on his daughter.

"My niece just started soccer and I'd love for you to come out to her game with my family and I."

"Tori!" Allwyn groans, ready to hop in the bed. It's safe to say where Tori gets her feisty attitude from.

"I'd love to come." Tori says before giving Andre his jacket back.

"Take it with you, you can just give it to me on Saturday." He smiles at her before giving her his phone. Tori passes her phone to him as well.

"Sounds good. I'll see you then. It was so nice to meet you." Tori gushes and hands Andre back his phone. He hands hers back at the same time.

"Perfect! It was also great meeting you as well. You have such a light and a warmth about you. It was honestly so great talking to you."

The two part ways, thinking about each other.

Little did they know they both prayed the same little prayer in their head.

"Is this my future spouse?"