Lemons & Lemonade : Part Four

Start from the beginning

Gauri stares at Shakti in shock wondering why Om lied to her father like that. Finally, she realizes that she couldn't let her father think low of Om, and tells him, "He didn't. I don't know why he lied to you, maybe for me. But he didn't. I..."

Shakti starts smiling, "I knew he had lied. He loves and respects you a lot to take advantage of your innocence like that. I just wanted you to know what he did for you."

Gauri looks away wondering whether Om really loved her. If he did, then he wouldn't force her to marry him, he would let her make the decision regarding her life.

"He told me everything, including the fact that he was living in our house for three days. Very rarely in life we find true love, rarer that love would fight the whole world for you and still rarer when life gives you a second chance with your true love. Don't give it up, Gauri." Shakti advices her, when she remained silent, he goes on, "So what if he made fun of you and your love? When was that? A time that neither of you even remember. Don't forget Gauri, he was young then, you know how vicious teenage is. You might have done things that you regret now, just like that Omkara regrets what he did, and he repents for them. Now he wants to make it up to you. You don't get people like that, Gauri."

"Why are you supporting him? You are my father!!" Gauri angrily reminds him.

"I am your father and that is the reason I am supporting him, because he is quite simply the best thing that ever happened to you." Shakti tells her.

*************

Gauri was depressed and only Priyanka seemed to understand what she was going through. And Priyanka had tried her best to help and it had royally backfired.

Priyanka angrily marches into Om's room. "You are calling off the wedding this instant!" Priyanka orders him.

"I can disown you much sooner." Om replies in a disinterested tone as he flipped the pages of the book he was reading.

Priyanka gapes at him and then recovering says quickly. "Gaur doesn't want to marry you."

"She does, she is just angry with me and she is just too proud to admit it." Om replies.

"If you don't back out then I will tell dad and mom everything!" Priyanka threatens him.

Finally, he looks up at her and challenges her, "Let's see you do that."

"MOM! DAD!" Priyanka screams as she glared at her brother.

"What is it?" Jhanvi comes hurrying to the room followed by Tej.

"Mom, Dad... Gauri doesn't want to marry bhaiyya. He is forcing her to marry him." Priyanka tells them.

"What?" Tej turns to Om glaring at him, "Is that true?"

"No. She loves him. I have always noticed how she is in love with him." Jhanvi supports her son.

"She used to love him. Then he went and made fun of her love!" Priyanka tells her parents angrily.

"You did that?" Jhanvi asks shocked turning to Om.

"Yes." Om replies honestly.

"Why?" Jhanvi asks sadly.

"Now, he told her father that she might be pregnant with his child and he is forcing her to marry him." Priyanka tells her parents heatedly.

"Is that true, Om?" Jhanvi asks hurt.

"Yes. She could be pregnant with my child!" Om replies proudly.

"They are getting married! No grandchild of mine will be born illegitimate. As soon as possible they will be married. If possible, by the end of this week!" Tej says angrily as he started to walk out while Jhanvi looks at him disappointed.