[4] Playing by My Rules, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"What?" She groaned, rubbing her eyes. It was nine in the morning, the day before school started up again. "We're having a sibling bond day today." He smiled goofily like he was still 5 years old. He was bouncing on the bed, like he couldn't contain his excitement. "No." Maia replied, grabbing her phone. Micah's smile quickly vanished when he heard Maia's answer.

Even though his offer was quickly shut down, Micah knew exactly what to do. He's a Valentine, business deals and contracts are all he does. "Either you go to the country club and play tennis like tradition, or you hang with me."

Micah smirked knowingly. Maia couldn't say no, but that didn't mean she couldn't play around with his offer. "Okay, we'll go to the country club together." Maia smiled sweetly at him as she rose from her unmade bed. She made her way to her closet - towards her athletic wear.

Micah was dumbfounded by her answer. After all, the country club they were attending was invitation only, and club members were the most prestigious families out there. Not only that, but it was owned by two families. The Valentine's and the Wellington's. Micah thought Maia would never step foot in there ever again, seeing as he knew that Ryan would most definitely be forced to attend.

Maia raised her feathery brows at her still surprised brother. She snickered at his expression - one that no one can ever take out from her memory. "But, Maia, you know who will be there. Don't you?" He shot up from his position on Maia's bed.

"Yes." Maia replied with a bored and plain expression. "Then you know that going there is just asking to go back to square one." Micah tried to reason with his little sister. "Micah, I think you're forgetting something." Maia smirked at him through her bathroom mirror.

Micah waited for her reply rather impatiently, his arms crossed loosely and his foot tapping against the floor. "I never go anywhere without a bullet proof plan." That was the last thing she said before devilishly grinning at Micah.

Maia continued her morning by taking a quick steamy shower in her marble bathroom decorated with splatters of gold. Micah on the other hand was in his room getting ready with a worried expression. It was meant to go his way. But he was also worried for Maia, he knows her. He knew her well enough to know that Ryan had the power over Maia's head, and yet she's still willing to go into the ring. The only thing Micah could do was pray that Maia's plan works out. Not like he needs to anyways.

The day at the country club began at 11:20 am. That left Maia forty-five minutes to get ready. She applied a light red blush to the upper part of her cheeks, lifting her face a tiny bit. She then applied highlighter to the bridge of her nose and tip. She brushed her eyebrows up with a bit of pigment. She quickly found a pair of natural fake lashes and glued them on as stiff as possible so they would randomly fly off when she played. Finishing the look with a lined glossed lip, she made her way to her bed where she laid her outfit.

She slipped her bathrobe off her shoulders and down her hips. Maia picked up her white tennis skirt and lifted her legs one by one through the opening. She then pulled the fitted fendi collared polo over her head - avoiding her hair and makeup - and flattened the non-existent crinkles.

Maia made her way back to her vanity and picked up at white ribbed scrunchy. She tied her hair up effortlessly into a loose middle part mid-ponytail. Maia grabbed the baby hairs in front of her ears and at her forehead and pulled them down.

Maia took one last glance at herself in the mirror, making sure her outfit was the best it could be before she grabbed her white LV tennis sneakers and socks. She sprayed her signature perfume on her pin points and dashed out of her door with her phone and her fendi duffle bag hanging from her shoulder.