"Why isn't she working in one of those fancy clinics in London?" he asked, turning to the group looking for a proper answer in his country accent.

Amelia stepped in then and answered "Why would anyone want to work in a clinic full of half wits who have no clue about medicine?" and she directed the question to Michael who beamed red from being caught. A small smile on her face told Tommy that she was enjoying her little taunt.

Tommy sniggered as he watched her take the room with a file in her hands.  Amelia looked different today, sweeter in her pink skirt and white blouse with a delicate coat draped across her shoulders. Even dressed in delicate colors she was a force, a power that charged the room she entered.

"Sorry, I didn't realise you where having a family meeting" she sighed, Finn stood behind her smirking at his family. Amelia quickly walked to where Polly was sitting, ignoring the stares of Tommy "This came today, if you need to go over anything you know where to find me" and she placed the file in Polly's hand.

Polly quickly realised what the file was and protectively pulled it to her chest. Amelia nodded at the woman before turning to leave. Arthur and John where confused by the the secrecy of the file but decided not to say anything.

Amelia didn't say a word as she left, already feeling rude that she had intruded on their meeting. It was Finn who had the last word as she quietly shut the door behind her.

"What!? I didn't bloody know did I?"

---

Amelia hadn't long been home when she heard a small knock on her door. It was Polly who was holding the file she had given to her only hours before. Amelia welcomed her in and they sat in the kitchen with whiskey.

Polly's eye's glassed over as she opened the file to reveal a picture of a beautiful young girl with blonde hair and big eyes.

Anna Gray died of the Spring Fever in Australia at the age of 18 years old. The notes in the file where all that was done to save the young girls life.

"Polly" Amelia started with a comforting smile "She really was given the best care, they did everything that could to keep her alive"

Polly nodded but her eye's remained focused on the picture of her daughter. 

"I had a vision just before you found Michael" and she paused only briefly "that she was stood across from my door step, trying to tell me-" a small sob slipped from her throat "trying to tell me that she had tried to get back to me"

Amelia knew loss and how painful it was but she could not begin to imagine what Polly was going through, having not been able to keep her child with her.

"I know Thomas asked you to find this but thank you" she said, a small smile curling at the corner of her lips.

"Like I said before Polly you don't need to thank me" and she topped up Polly's glass "How's Michael getting on?"

Polly suddenly laughed out loud "The poor boy doesn't know what he's got himself into with our lot"

Amelia nodded in understanding "I'm sure you can keep him on the straight and narrow" and Amelia took a sip of her drink, grateful for it's numbing properties taking place.

Polly began to eye Amelia suspiciously "How are you doing?" she asked, daring Amelia to lie to her.

Amelia bit her lip, careful with the information she was about to give "Healing slower than I want, pulled a stitch but in all I'm not to bad"

"Tommy's right, you shouldn't be working in your condition"

"I'm fine Polly. Tommy just feels bad so he's trying to-"