Arrow House

It had been a long few days for Tommy as he took care of business in London, alone. It was enough time for him to think, to process and to find out more about Amelia and Mr Solomons. It was strange to him when he walked down the streets of Camden that people didn't move out his way, didn't recognize him or feared him. Tommy was just a visitor who could go about his business unnoticed.

And that is what he did.

The whole time he was completely focused on getting what he needed that he had completely forgot that he hadn't informed any of his family members where he was. Arthur would know, he thought. 

So that night as he took Charlies boat back, under the darkness he wondered about his future. Wondered if there was anything out there, in the expanding world that could stop Thomas Shelby. 

As he lay underneath the stars, the water beneath him taking him back home he wondered about his mother. Wondered if she was still alive what would she think to the man he had become? it was very rare that he thought about her, afraid of the feelings that it conjured up. Then his thoughts went to his father who was nothing but a piece of shit that didn't deserve to walk the earth- he decided now wasn't the time to think about his parents.

Curly soon came to Tommy with a cup of tea, Tommy didn't have it in him to ask for whiskey so he took the cup and set it down.

"Hows the orses' Tommy?"

"They're alright Curly" Tommy said, pushing his cap further down his eye's.

"That Winnie is something special Tom, yeah yeah. Something real special" Tommy envied the simplified life that Curly had sometimes, how he could feel joy in the small things.

"She sure is Curly, she sure is"

"Is she a gift to Miss Crostwell? Charlie said she's not, er, er for racing"

Tommy smile was hidden in the darkness "Something like that"

"Good Tom, yeah good" he said "She's a delicate horse, she's to graceful for the tracks" and he nodded to himself, so engrossed in something Tommy wished he could see.

Tommy thought about his horses and the last time they had been out to ride them. Remembered how graceful Amelia was and how intuitive she was to Winnie. Horses where a good judge of character, they cut right through the nonsense and would only let the most loyal ride along.

----

The sun had finally peaked it's head from around the dark clouds and began pushing them to the side as Tommy stood off the boat.

Arthur was stood there waiting for him, hands cupped in front "And the devil shall return" Arthur said as he clapped his brother on the back.

Tommy nodded to his brother and began to walk.

"Where we going then Tommy?" Arthur asked, itching to know what his time in London had bought them.

"We're off to get a hair cut brother!"

Arthur quickly brushed his hand over his hair, confused "I just a'd it done Tommy"

"Then we're off to get you a decent cut man, come on"

Arthur skulked behind suddenly conscious about his hair cut as he pulled out his cap from his coat pocket and stuck it on his head.

----

Amelia had given up. The order that came in to the surgery was completely wrong, the doctor was taking time seeing patients and Jane was off being her usual gossipy self to anyone who would listen. While this was going on Amelia was also taking care of patients and writing up prescriptions.