The Long Game

(The image above is her outfit for this episode. I like Ivy being in warm jumpers.)

___________________

Somewhere, on a Space Station hovering over Earth, the TARDIS engines wheezed as she materialised with four passengers inside.

"So, it's two hundred thousand, and it's a spaceship." The Doctor started.

"No it isn't love." Ivy responded.

" Yeah, wait a minute, space station, and er, go and try that gate over there. Off you go."

"Two hundred thousand?" Rose asked.

"Two hundred thousand." Ivy confirmed.

"Right." She finishes, opening the TARDIS door and calling in. "Adam? Out you come." She requested.

The young boy in question exited the TARDIS, eyes already wide since he noticed that they had moved and his jaw dropped significantly. "Oh. My. God!" He exclaimed, a little afraid of it all and definitely overwhelmed.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Rose promised.

Adam coughed a little, trying to act less surprised. "Where are we?"

Rose nodded. "Good question. Let's see. So, er, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year two hundred thousand." She suggested. "If you listen..."

"Yeah." He listened intently.

"Engines. We're on some sort of space station." She listened again. "Yeah, definitely a space station. It's a bit warm in here. They could turn the heating down. Tell you what - let's try that gate. Come on!" She suggested, dragging Adam along with her.

"Wow. Young love eh?" Ivy asked, and the Doctor just chuckled. She led Adam through to where there was a giant viewing window.

"Here we go! And this is. I'll let the Doctor describe it." Rose commented.

"I wanna I wanna!" Ivy exclaimed and the Doctor just sighed and nodded. "It is The Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire." She smiled.

"Yep. And there it is, Planet Earth at it's height. Covered with mega-cities, five moons, population ninety-six billion!" He exclaims. "The hub of a galactic domain stretching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind right in the middle." Adam's eyes widened in shock and he fell back, fainting at the sight.

"He's your boyfriend." Ivy mocked.

"Not anymore." Rose stated.

*******************

 Once Adam had come to, The Doctor him and the others through to a much larger area. "Come on, Adam. Open your mind. You're going to like this. Fantastic period of history. The human race at its most intelligent. Culture, art, politics. This era has got fine food, good manners..." 

But he was cut off as a rather rude man pushed past them "Out of the way!" and this seemed to trigger everyone else, bustling about; opening food stations to serve people at.

"Fine cuisine?" Rose asked as she listened to a chef talk about a Kronkburger and other stuff.

"My watch must be wrong." The Doctor said but Ivy went to double check.

"No, it's fine. It's weird. I do not remember Kronkburgers and Schmooties when I last visited this time!"

"That's what comes of showing off. Your history's not as good as you thought it was." Rose insulted them both.