Chapter 19

Cole's POV

Arias gave me a smile as soon as my eyes landed on him. Dante and Kali were sitting in either side of him.

I smiled back.

They look serious awhile ago, I wonder what are they talking about?

"Cole it's eating you hand! " I looked up at Noise as he stared at the 12 inches fish squirming with my hand inside its mouth.

Jura was busy laughing and I shook my head, amused.

"It is fine! " I chuckled before throwing it on the land near Arias and the others. "Now, give me your hand-"

"No! " Noise took a step back and I stared at him in disbelief. This kind of fish have little teeth but they do not hurt at all so it is fine if you use your fingers as a bait, how lucky that may hand fits their huge mouths.

It became easier to catch them.

"Cole! " Jura was still laughing and I rolled my eyes. This might take awhile.

"Anyways, where's Sanity and Pito? " I changed the subject as I soaked deeper in the lake by kneeling down.

This part of the lake is not that deep which I preferred more. I am not sure if I could really swim so...

"In the library, those two have some task to do. " Jura answered and I nodded. "The two of them are very smart especially Pito, though he is quite awkward. Sanity looks brainless, but she's good at gaining information. "

I ignored the brainless part before smiling.

"Everyone has their own skills which benefits the Alpha very well, " He swum closer to me. "Noise is very good with creating traps and tracking direction with no tools at all. Dante, Kali and I focused on protecting the Alpha. The three of us were really strong together! " He said, proudly and I was really amazed with his words. "Dante cooks too, he cooks so well. " He smiled as he pointed at his older brother.

Look how proud he is. My lips formed a thin line.

"The Alpha must be really lucky. " He glanced at me before our eyes landed on Arias at the same time when he stood up and walked towards at the squirming fish.

"Nope, " Jura chuckled. "We are the ones who are lucky to stand by his side. It takes a lifetime to gain his trust you know..." He trailed off. "And I'll risk my life just to keep it. "

Oh... How remarkable. And look how he stares at Arias with admiration and I couldn't help but to feel envious because I have no one like them.

And the mate I was hoping to fill that spot needed to play that role to someone else's life-

When he is supposed to be mine...

I looked up to the sky and realized the sun is almost setting.

I wonder if Austin is thinking about me... Once I see him tomorrow, how should I react if I see the mark on his neck.

Though I already accepted Arias, I can't stop thinking if I'm even doing the right choice.

I clenched my fist as my lips formed a thin line when the thoughts of him came running to my mind. My eyes watered up and I'm thankful for the water dripping from my hair.

Dammit.

How come I still love him despite all my sufferings?

Is this what mates are?

You will love your other half no matter how deep the wounds they caused, no matter how you suffered from them?

I bit my lower lip as I closed my eyes.