Trapped

Faye's POV

I fiddled my fingers as I sat on the edge of my bed. The dinner was so awkward. I can't even look at Damon right in the eyes. God, I can't even swallow my food. The only thing that kept me sane there is Caleb and Ian who are stuffing their mouths with the donuts that I bought.

Ian has been away for a week and I am glad that he's back again. At least Caleb will have someone to play with again. And that kid just brings joy wherever he goes.

A knock on the door kicked me out of my reverie. "Come in" It's probably Maria. She told me she's going to give me something.

"Mari, do you think I-"I heard someone clear their throat and god knows that voice doesn't belong to Maria. I felt my stomach churn and my heart is trying to leap out of my rib cage. I slowly looked up the person in front of me confirming my doubts.

"D-Damon... I thought...." I looked away feeling extremely self conscious. I wrapped my arms around myself unconsciously.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly.

"You seem to be avoiding me Little Fae" He said sternly as if he is talking to a naughty child.

"No." I shook my head. "I am not avoiding you." I said looking at him in the eyes. This seems to annoy him even more as he walked closer in where I stood.

"So I was wrong when I saw you turning away from any direction you see me in? When you look everywhere else but me? When you don't even talk to me? Or when you don't seem to even acknowledge my presence?" He asked, his frame hovering me. I stood frozen in my spot. I licked my lips not knowing what excuse to say to get out of this situation.

"There's nothing wrong Damon. Just... you may go." I shook my head dismissing him.

"Faye." He called in a furious tone. I clenched my eyes shut as I felt my hands getting sweaty.

"You do not dismiss me like this. Especially when I know that something is wrong." He said in a hard voice. God.

I took a deep breath and looked down. "Damon what happened earlier is a huge mistake. We-" I started I pointed myself and him.

"There's no 'we'. That is why earlier shouldn't have happened. God, I feel like an idiot for letting it happened. Damon you don't just 'kiss' someone you don't have relationship to or at least, I do not do that." I rubbed my face feeling extremely frustrated.

"Well sorry to burst your bubble Miss Faye. I do not regret nor do I find that kiss earlier a mistake. It felt right and 'we' can make it right if we want to." I shook my head.

"No. I... am not ready for that. I... just got the freedom that I have always desired. I can't lose it that easily." I sat on the edge of my bed feeling like an idiot.

"Please Damon, just... forget about what happened earlier." I begged looking at my sweaty palm. I heard him laugh wickedly.

"Oh, Miss Faye. Do you think that it's that easy to walk away when you're already trapped in my web? You do know that I will get what I want in one way or another." My stomach dropped. What does he mean? What is he going to do? I felt my eyes water as I feared that I will have to lose my freedom so soon.

He kneeled in front of me with our face leveled. He wipes the unshed tears in my eyes not letting them fall.

"Now, don't cry Little Fae. You're making me feel like an ass even more than I am." You are an ass. I wanted to retort.

"Still. You need to understand that I don't start something that I can't end. I'm sure I may have made it clear that I want you. And I won't stop until I get what I want at all costs." His look made it look like he is making a vow. I felt like my heart fluttered. He wants me.

I admit that this man made me feel things that I have never felt at all before. But I am not ready to succumb to my feelings. I'm scared that it might cost me my freedom.