Hospital

Faye’s POV

“Wow…” I croaked out as I stared at a white ceiling. I groaned in pain as I tried moving my limbs.

“Ah! You can’t move yet Miss Fayette! You’ll open your wounds.” A girl’s voice said softly.

“damn” I cursed under my breath.

“How are you Miss Fayette?” She asked as she fumbles with the IV that is connected on my hand.

“I feel like… I'm crapped off a cliff and chewed of by a giant.” I grumbled.

I clenched my eyes shut as I try to adjust my eyes to the harsh light.

“You were shot multiple times with metal pellets and you are diagnosed with hemophilia, It must have been rough.” She shot me a grim smile. I slightly nodded to affirm her thoughts.

“It was.” I whispered.

“Faye?! Sweetie?!” My mother cried as she tackles the door open. “Mom…” I whispered as I watch the woman who loves me unconditionally. I felt tears trickled down my face. I thought I’m never gonna see her again.

“Faye baby! You-you can’t just do that okay?? You can’t leave me just like that! I forbid you to!” I sobbed as she cradled my head in her chest.

"Mom… I'm fine.” I tried to reassure her but the sight of me is definitely not convincing. She sobbed harder.

“I'm so sorry baby, I failed you… I-I should’ve known sooner I-I could’ve protected you baby… I'm so sorry, Mommy failed you.” Her words baffled me but I disregard it.

Maybe she’s only shocked to see my state that’s why she’s blaming herself.

“Mom.. It’s not your fault. It’s not anybody’s fault. The one at fault is the one who assaulted me.” Pasha. I heard someone by the door cleared their throat gaining our attention.

“Father…” I whispered as I looked at him from head to toe. He looks… rugged.

“Faye… H-How are you?” He looks at me with beady eyes, guilt is visible in his gaze.

“I'm quite fine, Father.” I offered him a small smile. It can’t be denied that I’m closer to my mother. My father has always been away from business trips and meeting and he… was not that supportive but he’s still my father. He’s views are just not the same as mine.

“I…” My father opened his mouth but no words are formed.

“I'm going to call the doctor sweetie.” My mom gave me a tight smile and walked out the door.

“Matilda” My father called out to my mom but she ignored him completely and walked past him.

“What’s wrong Father?” I asked him as he kept his eyes towards the door.

“Nothing Faye… Just a little fight.” He said without breaking his look towards the door as if wishing my mother to come back. I slowly nodded and slumped my back on the pillows.

“How’s the investigation going?” I asked my dad. I saw him stiffen.

“Pasha is now being tracked down along with his father.” Pasha’s words suddenly waltz in my mind.

“Father… When Pasha assaulted me, she was saying about a person close to me asking her to harm me. Maybe…” I looked at him

“I will inform the investigators.” He swiftly said and walked out of the room.

“Fath-” I called out but I was too late. He was long gone. 

“Mommy!!!” Caleb slammed the door open and jumped on me. Oof. I felt oxygen knocked out of my lungs.

“Hello, baby” I kissed his forehead.

“Are you hurt mommy? I'm sorry.” He said but didn’t untangle himself.

“No, it’s okay baby.” I smiled.

“When are you going to go home? I want us to go home now.” He pouted while snuggling closer to me.

“We’ll go home as soon as possible little one.” I pat his back slowly. We stayed in our position for a while and he let out a yawn. I smiled softly as I saw him slowly slipping off to sleep.