9 - Confused

Hey! Real quick just so there isn't confusion for anyone, haha.
If it's written in bold then it'll be present (until she wakes up of course then it'll be normal again // or when it's her thinking)
If it's written in italics then it'll be flashback.
This will obviously make more sense when you start to read it.
- pez

------

"Dad, dad, look what I can do!" I yelled as I place my hands on the ground and kicked my feet up over my head.

"Very nice, sweetie," he mumbled out.

I could feel the beginning of the rain dropping onto my skin.

"Get her inside now! What happened?"

"Bellamy told me not to touch the knife."

There were so many hands touching me.

"I want to go outside,"  I mumbled under my breath.

"It isn't safe," my mother chirped.

"John gets to," I argued.

"I said no."

"Is that Mira? Let go of me. Oh, my god. What happened? Who did this?"

"Get him out of here."

"No, I need his help. Hold her still."

These hands were hurting me. The coldness in my chest started to burn like fire. I couldn't open my eyes.

"Why can't she use my ID card, then?" My brother asked as we sat down for dinner.

My mother and father looked at each other for a few minutes, silently.

"I can cut my hair. We have the saaame face," I whined.

"You want to have short hair just to go outside for once?" My mother asked.

"I'll grow mine out some, too, so she doesn't have to cut it all the way."

"Where's Bellamy at? I need to know what happened!"

There was shuffling as footsteps pounded inside the dropship. The wind was so loud. My chest hurt. The voices around me got louder.

"You son of a bitch! What happened to her?"

"You're looking at him." Bellamy?

"Get everyone downstairs. I can't work like this. Raven please get that radio working!"

Everything was dark still. The rain was pouring down on the metal. The chatter got quieter. People were still yelling. Something was crackling in the room.  Static.

"Why are you crying, dad?" I asked as my brother groaned on the floor. He said the cold felt nice.

"I-" His voice cracked as he sat me in front of him. "Your brother might not live if I don't-"

"Don't what?" I wanted to cry, too.

"He needs medicine."

"But Dr. Griffin said we aren't allowed anything else-"

"I have to get him more medicine, Mira."

"She's burning up."

"It's from the wound. You can't do anything until the knife is out. " Was that Abby?

"No. No way. You can't just take it out. There has to be something you can give her so she can't feel it, right?" That was my brother's voice. I wanted to reach out to him.

The pain in my chest skyrocketed as something moved slightly inside it. I couldn't remember what happened. There was so much happening. I felt dizzy.

"Okay. You can not let her move, Murphy. No matter what."

"I saw someone go in the side door. I'm sure of it." I froze with the pill bottle in my hand.

"One." Was it a knife in my chest?

"Don't let Mr. Murphy leave. There's something he's not telling us." I tried to make myself as small as possible behind the shelf.

"Two."

"Remember Clarke. Straight out." Why was the knife on fire?

"The rookie said he saw him walking with a kid. He's alone out front." The guard's voice was growing closer to where I was hiding.

I tried to scoot under the shelf when I dropped the bottle. I watched in horror as it rolled across the floor and directly in front of the guards. One of their radios crackled as they turned the corner to find me.

"We're going to need some councilmen down here. We have an unknown child stealing medical supplies."

They looked at each other.

"Do not let Mr. Murphy leave."

I tried to open my eyes to see what was happening. I couldn't tell if the radio static was real or in my head. It was all so bright.

"Three."

I screamed as the knife was pulled from my chest. 

--

Everything was a blur after that.

"I need that needle. Hold her still."

"I think she's stable."

"No...no. Something's wrong."

"I thought you sterilized everything."

"The storm is blocking the signal."

"Poison?"

"I'll get him to talk."

It felt like someone was shaking my brain...no, my body... everything was spinning.

"We need to know which one. Now."

"Stop! Stop it!"

"SHE'S ALL I HAVE LEFT!"

It sounded like the electricity spazzed out around me. The radio static stopped before abruptly coming back on. This had to be a dream.

"You'll kill him!"

"He's killing her!"

The room went dark. Light again. Maybe it wasn't a dream.

"Octavia, no!"

"He won't let me die."

"It's this one. Get it to her. Now."

Bellamy's voice was in my ear.

"We're gonna fix you, sugar. I promise."

Darkness.

--

Hi guys! Please please please feel free to leave comments with any questions if you're confused. This was written from her perspective as she falls in and out of consciousness. It can seem a little confusing. This chapter is also pretty short - but I don't want to add anything to this particular scene. :)