Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

Axel

"She used to do that a lot." Abby said holding Steves hand.

"I thought she wouldn't lash out like that." Jenna muttered.

I shook my head. "Does it not make you wonder what the hell she's been through?" I looked at them.

"Her mother was barely in her life Axel, she was barely there to support her through anything."

"That' still her mother." I sat up and gave Steve a quick glance. "It's not just that either. Delaney's lived with me for five months now and she can't seem to do things like most girls. When we walk past a man while she's holding my hand she'll hold it a little tighter because the guy gives her a look. She won't admit it but I've caught her waking herself up from a nightmare and crying. I've talked to her about the shit she's been through and she's too goddamn fucked in the head that she can't even admit the truth to herself. She doesn't want to look in the mirror and see herself but a stranger. What you do to her, what someone once did to her. You treat her like a used rag. She worthless to you. She was just shutting down in front of you. You think she's going to be here by the morning? Or have you all been waiting for her to just end it all." I got up and walked away.

"Axel she's not going to and she knows she can talk to us." Jenna stood up.

"Does she? Her own father kept secrets. Her own mother decided this world was too fucked. She kissed me like it was the last kiss I'll ever receive and if it is-" I paused and looked at them. "you just better hope it's not." I turned my heel and walked away to find my girl.

-Raynes Diary Entry-

I felt empty, a shadow of a girl. I felt torn and sick.

My life felt half assed. I felt as if I was walking on a million little broken glass pieces of that of my life.

I was too shattered, too torn to function.

The hours that passed, the seconds that bursts through made me feel like my time was ticking.

I felt like grim reaper was knocking on my door calling. "Knock knock bitch, I'm here ready to take your soul."

I felt sick to my stomach, sick to the point where I wondered if it was even my cancer anymore. But my body telling me that it could kill me with this sick feeling.

I closed my eyes and waited until someone would suffocate me. At first I thought it would be the tears but they continued. I tried to make myself over exhausted but I woke up the next day. The idea of killing myself in such a traumatic way scared me in fear of what my family would think, they wouldn't understand.

No one would, no one was there to save a dying girl.

I tried to shake off the thought of that journal entry I once read out of her diary.

"If I was Stormi where would I go?" I muttered as I walked further down the street.

She couldn't just get in a car and go. Her car was a couple blocks away, I left a couple minutes after she did.

I tried to call her and I got straight to voicemail.

"Stormi where are you?" I said as I hung up.

The closer I got to the house the more I felt like I was going in the wrong direction.

"Follow my instincts." I went the opposite direction a couple more turns here and there until I saw her standing in front of a house, a house I've never been too.