Chapter Twenty Three

Delaney

"Good Morning!" Veronica skipped into the room singing at the top of her lungs.

"Veronica." I groaned covering my ears.

"Wake up! Time to get ready to explore Puerto Rico with your favorite tour guide!"

"At the moment your my least favorite human being."

"Hmmm well it's not my fault Axel called and you answered."

I sat up and glared at her.

"How do you know?"

"Thin walls hun." She smiled.

"I hate you."

She laughed. "I'm sorry chica."

"Well in my defense he couldn't sleep and was calling me about what medicine to take."

"Aww pretty boy can't handle being alone. You got him whipped."

"Your incredibly happy this morning Veronica. Why?"

"That's so weird, because my abuela told me I was glowing this morning. I'm having a good ass skin day too. I feel good, so good." She emphasized. "Let me do your makeup! Get you a fine ass man."

"But Axe-"

"Axel nothing, you aren't dating. You can be going around being your flirtatious self. Until he asks you to be his, your on the market mi amiga."

"How can you be so ok with putting me on the market and so happy knowing we are going to meet a sex trafficker!" I said at the end using a loud whisper.

"Because technically he's my ex and also we've been friends. I was a stripper for a little for some big drug dealers up here. We'll be fine, I got you protected." She winked.

"Veronica does Elias know?"

"Yes he does, how else do you think he found me?" She winked.

I looked at her confused.

"Elias-"

She laughed. "No, I'm kidding. But Elias knows. I'm more sane than I originally was. My ex kind of put me on wild side and Elias settled me." She smiled like she remembered something. I just didn't know who made her get that smile.

"I was wild too, my ex's named Dantae, he thought he was a badass. Never really loved me, we did have pretty good sex, not gonna lie. But Elias loves me and cares a lot more about me than Dantae ever had. So I'd never think twice about going back to Dantae." Something about her speaking about him made me realize there was sadness in her voice. The type of sadness that made me wonder if there was something that went wrong between the two of them. Something she doesn't really like to talk about.

Before I could ask her grandma came in.

"He here." She smiled cheerfully.

"Dantae's early." Veronica looked at her phone and the clock read eight twenty.

Hopefully Axel didn't miss his flight.

This tall, tan, dark haired, dark eyes, pretty smile, man appeared in the doorway.

"Dantae!" Veronica got up and threw her arms around him.

I watched him react and lift her up off the ground and spun them around.

They talked low and he nodded before I was introduced.

He was handsome, but also looked like a bit of a player.