Chapter 3: The Talk

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like a declaration of war, if you ask me," Gaster exclaimed.

"Asgore never said if that is exactly what he meant, but that's what all monsters think is going to happen. Once we are free, we'll fight to take back the surface and destroy humanity for what they did to us. I heard those statements all across New Home after the meeting."

"Also," Semi continued, "Asgore said that his adopted human child and Queen Toriel have disappeared. He never ordered a search for them to happen, much less mentioning whether or not the human child would be one of the humans to have their soul taken, so the monsters just assumed that he already had taken it."

All I took from that was that Toriel, my mother, was also gone. What happened to her? Where did she go? Why did she leave?

...Did she even want to know where I was? If I was okay?

Semi continued to explain the events that happened in New Home. "The monsters are very worried about the disappearance of the queen. Some believe she left because she was angry or depressed about the supposed death of the human child, as well as her son. As for that child, some of the monsters are furious with the idea they might be dead, since they had so much hope riding on them. Others are fine with the idea that their Soul is the first to be taken for the destruction of the barrier.

"And as for Prince Asriel... all the monsters are mourning for him. Hope was wavering across the city, mixed with some hesitancy about whether or not Asgore's plan would work. ...It won't be long before the news has spread across the entire Underground."

Semi turned back towards me. "With that said, I now have only one question. Chara, you said that you killed your brother. I know you said he was a boss monster, but... Was you're brother Prince Asriel, Chara? And are you the missing human child?"

I just sat there, not wanting to speak.

Gaster's smile grew a little wider. This is what he wanted to hear. He hated me, and simply wanted a reason to get rid of me.

But then Semi said, "I'm not angry with you, Chara, and I won't hurt you, no matter what you say, I just want to know for sure."

"Father, what do you mean by that?" Gaster replied, suddenly not so happy with the situation. "She's clearly-"

"Wingding, quiet!" Semi snapped back. "Now, Chara, please..."

Tears welled in my eyes. "Yes, Asriel is my brother, and I- I killed him..."

I explained about are plan to break the barrier, and how I was supposed to eat poisonous flowers that would've killed me so Asriel could absorb my soul, and then how he ate eat them after I refused to, and was unable to take his soul when he died. I was sobbing through the whole explanation.

When I was done, Gaster stood up and angrily stared at me. "So you tricked the prince into killing himself. And they call us the 'monsters'. We should-"

"Wingding! That is enough!" Semi snapped again. "What is with you, threatening a scared little girl!"

"But she just admitted to basically tricking and kill-"

"Sounds like it was less of a trick, and more like her brother's foolish decision to continue along with a foolish plan. She is simply blaming herself for something that isn't truly her fault."

"Not directly, maybe. But she still-"

"Gaster, I believe you've said enough on the matter. Now, until the situation in New Home calms down a bit, and I think I can reason with the king, we will be taking care of Chara, and making sure she doesn't get in trouble with the Royal Guard."