Lemons & Lemonade : Part Three

Start from the beginning

Om sits up realizing her turmoil, "All I want is your word that you forgive me and you are mine."

"I can't." Gauri tells him helplessly.

"I was a fool to let you go once, and I am not going to do that again." Om tells her with finality.

"Om!" she screams pulling her hair.

"Shhh"

Seeing him sitting naked on her bed with his hair all messed up was distracting her. "Wear your clothes at least."

Om starts smiling, "Hard to resist... huh?"

"I can't stand it!"

"Liar! You had no problem last night." Om says with a chuckle as he pulled on his pants while she looked away. "I need a shower." He tells her as he took his bag from near the bed.

"You brought a bag?" Gauri asks astonished refusing to believe her eyes.

"I had no idea how long I will be staying here, so I came prepared. See you after my shower" he says as he walked past her and got into her washroom.

"You have no time to shower. Just leave."

And his answer was closing the door on her face.

Om whistles as he took her hair brush and starts brushing his hair.

Gauri angrily snatches it from him. "Don't touch my things."

Om chuckles as he sat on the chair, "I am hungry."

"Just leave my house and get whatever you want."

"I am hurt. This is not the way I treated you when you came to my house."

"Stop torturing me." Gauri pleads.

"Why don't you understand, Gauri? We are meant to be together. Why didn't you marry all these years? Why didn't I? It is because God made us for one another."

"There is no us, Om."

"There is, Gauri. And nothing in this world is more important to me than that, and I will not let anyone come between us, not even you."

Gauri was sitting with her hands on her head while Om was typing on his laptop, he had truly come prepared.

"Your parents are up." Gauri looks up in shock, and he tells her, "I can hear your Dad." "OMG! OMG! OMG! What am I going to do? How will you leave?" Gauri asks frantically.

"I am not going."

"Stop doing this to me, Om." Gauri begs in tears.

Seeing tears in her eyes, Om goes to her immediately, "Don't cry, Gauri."

"Then please go from here."

"I can't. I can't lose you again." Om tells her helplessly.

"I can never trust you again, Om."

"What can I do to win your trust?" Om asks desperately.

"Nothing."

"Then I am sorry, Gauri."

"Mama is not here, I have to make breakfast for Papa."

"By all means, please do."

"I can't leave without you leaving."

"Tell me you will take me back, I will go."

"Why is it so hard for you to understand that I don't want you?"

"Why is it so hard for you to understand that I was a stupid mean kid who didn't know what love was? And boys that age do these things!"

"It's sad that you don't even regret it."