LVIII. Day to Daylife

Start from the beginning

'Yeah, i kind of went off-book, but don't work. I know what I'm doing.' Damon sighs, moving to come sit next to me.

'Damon, how could you let them out?' I hear Elena seethe.

"I've got this, Elena." He grumbles, hanging up. I turn to him, giving him a confused look. "What?"

"You making Elena upset? Odd." I hum.

"What are we drinking?" Damon asks, putting his phone back into his pocket.

"Hopefully something a little bit warmer, a little blonde," Stefan smirks, waving to the bartender. I hum, looking around.

"Maybe brunette." I hum, seeing a busboy. Damon sends me a false smirk as the blonde bartender walks over to us.

"Hi." She smiles.

"Hello..." Damon smirks, leaning onto the bar. "Callie. I would love a shot of your best whiskey, and my brother here would love a shot of you, and my friend over here, a shot of him." He says, looking to the busboy walking towards the kitchen. She smiles, looking over to him.

"Nathan, come here." She waves over, he smiles, walking over.

"Give me your wrist, say nothing." Damon compels, He has the same clueless smile, holding his wrist out as Callie does the same. I give him an odd look.

"What's the catch, Damon?" Stefan asks.

"No catch, brother. Both of you, drink up. It's on me." I smirk, taking Nathan's wrist, the veins underneath my eyes rippling. I bite in, hearing him gasp. I soon hear Stefan do the same, Damon covering us. "Hey, guys."

__________________
I walk back in from throwing Nathan's body in the dumpster, wiping my mouth. I walk over, seeing Stefan bounce a quarter into the shot glass. "Drink up, brother?" Damon sees me walking up, smiling, picking up the bottle of Whiskey.

"Will you get us another bottle of this?" Damon compels, Callie, moving from his lap, over to the bar.

"Gottem quite friendly with the bartender," I ask, quirking a brow.

"Jealous?" I scoff, rolling my eyes. Taking a seat in the empty chair. "So Stefan, you have been on this bunny diet dor the better part of 50 years, so how is it that saint Stefan, of all people, gets good at a drinking game?" Damon questions.

"Well, the bunny diet gave me a lot of time to practice," Stefan explains, shrugging. Damon hums, nodding. "Wallow in despair." He bounces another quarter into the cup. "Drown in guilt." Another quarter, "Regret my existence." Another quarter. He opens his mouth again and i grab the quarter from him.

"We get it, sad times." I groan.

Stefan chuckles looking over to me, "It's precision born out of tragic boredom." Stefan chuckles, "Drink up, brother." Stefan points out.

Damon picks up his cup, sighing. "All that wasted trying to tell you how boring you were, and now you finally agree with me?" Damon sighs, taking a drink of his Whiskey.

Stefan sighs, sitting up, "Damon, you are worse than Elena." Stefan says bluntly. "Getting me drunk, giving Alina what she wants. This bonding crap. What, you think we'll break down, and you can pull me back from the edge, get her to stop being a ripper? Is that it?"

"Actually, i happen to like the edge you two are on. The problem is your inability to resist falling over it. Alina's driven by her emotions, you have none." I roll my eyes, leaning back in my chair. "You're all or nothing, man. You can't just be." Callie walks back over, sitting on Damon's lap. My eyes narrow at her as she sets the bottle down. "Although... who am i ti judge?" Damon flips a quarter into the cup.