Chapter 6

(Future Jupiter: I have contemplated doing this since I posted this chapter and now I will for sure do it. I'm changing who Y/n goes to the ball with and now it's gonna be completely different than what it was before.) Enjoy!

Y/n
"This is mad.  At this rate, we'll be the only ones in out year without dates." Ron complains, looking around the hall. Ron's head gets pushed to face the table by Snape, but he still continues, "Well, us and Neville."

Harry chuckles, "Yeah but then again, he can take himself." I shake my head from across the table, scribbling in my notebook. "It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." Hermione whispers to them. They both groan and Ron looks down, "Now I'm really depressed." Fred tosses Ron a piece of paper from next to me and he catches it. "Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone..." He whispers, reading off the paper. "Who're you going with, then?" Ron tosses the paper back to him.

Fred crumbles up a piece of parchment and tosses it at Angelina. She turns to him and he mouths, "Do you want to go to the ball with me?" while doing a little dancing movement in between. I smile and roll my eyes. I hear her whisper a yes, then Ron turns to his right and says, "Oi, Hermione, you're a girl." She looks up at him and retorts, "Well spotted."

"Come with one of us?" He does a similar motion to what Fred did, but he gets smacked on the top of the head with a book. I look back down once they get smacked and he continues, "Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad." I raise my eyebrows and look at Harry. He looks back at me and shakes his head. I shrug and see Hermione walking out of the hall after turning in her book. I get up after her and turn it in too.

I walk back to the table and grab my bag, giving both of them a look of remorse. I sling my bag over my shoulder and walk away.

***

Harry's gotten rejected by Cho and Hermione's got a date, yet she won't tell me who it is. I still haven't got a date either. I sit in front of the fireplace, thinking that if I hope enough, someone might ask me to the Ball. "It's all right, Ron. It's okay, Ron. I-It doesn't matter." I hear Ginny say out of all the bustling commotion through the Common Room door. "What happened to you?" Harry says, jumping off the couch, leaving his Golden egg there. I slide over to Ron's side and grip his hand. "He's just asked Fleur Delacour out." Gin explains. "What?" I say, looking up at Ginny.

"What'd she say?" Harry asks. "No, of course!" Hermione cuts him off. Ron shakes his head and my eyes widen. "She said yes..?" I ask. He finally responds, "Don't be silly... There she was, walking by. You know I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it. It just sort of slipped out." I rub the back of his hand with my thumb and Ginny says, "Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening."

"And what'd you do then?" Harry asks. "What else?"

"I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this, Harry. I don't know what got into me." Ron continues rambling and Harry spots one half of the Patil twins, following her. 

Suddenly, once Harry leaves, George comes up to me and pulls me aside. "Hey, Y/n, I've got to ask you something." I tilt my head, as he pushes his hair out of his face. "What's up, Georgie?"

"Do you have a date for the ball?" He blurts out. I shake my head, my eyebrows starting to raise. "Can I be the one to take you?" He asks. "W-Well, I-I wasn't e-expecting anyone t-to ask me at all..." I stutter, looking down. "Well?" He asks again.

"I-I mean, no offense, I was waiting for someone s-special to ask me, but I suppose we could go...A-As friends, if you don't mind!" I glance at Ron as he continued to ramble on and on, blurting that last bit out at the last second. "As friends, yeah. Everyone knows you've got eyes for Ronniekins, Y/n, you don't have to hide it." He whispers to me, gesturing to Ron on the chair. I cover my face with both hands, feeling my cheeks go red. "Don't say it out loud!" I squeak, smacking his shoulder.