Chapter 3

Enjoy!

Y/n

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore gets cut off by Filch doing high-knee runs into the Great Hall and up to Dumbledore's podium. They begin whispering to each other and Filch does his high-knee runs out of the Hall. 

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. Now, for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now, let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me, in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime." 

All of us turn our heads as the Hall doors open and we see a bunch of girls in blue outfits doing some type of coordinated movements that have all the boys under a spell. I roll my eyes and lean my head against my fist as they reach the front of the room, then butterflies sprout from nowhere. The baby blue butterflies fly around them and Madame Maxime walks into the room after them. 

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff." The Durmstrang boys walk into the Hall, all equipped with staffs that emit sparks when hit against the ground hard enough. They do a bunch of coordinated stunts and a fire phoenix gets blown out of one of the boy's wands. Karkaroff and two other boys walk in after them and everyone notices that one of the boys is Viktor Krum. 

I glance at Hermione and shrug, seeing as we both got absolutely nothing out of that. Everyone gets settled in and we all begin talking. Dumbledore goes back up to his podium and says that he's got to say something else.

 "Eternal Glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr Bartemius Crouch-" As Crouch makes his way up to the podium, thunder crashes outside, reflecting the same thing in the Great Hall due to the magical ceiling.

Everyone ducks onto the table and it suddenly goes away with the help of a man in the corner of the room, "Bloody hell. It's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron says, looking at the man with the wonky eye in the corner of the room. "Alastor Moody? The Auror?" Hermione asks. I look at her and give the obvious face of confusion. 

"Dark-Wizard Catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter, though, these days." Ron explains in a whisper tone voice, trying to keep quiet as the rest of the Hall is too. 

"What's that he's drinking, do you suppose?" Seamus asks the boys from across the table. "I dunno, but I don't think it's pumpkin juice." Harry says, staring nonchalantly at Dumbledore's podium. Crouch steps in front of the podium, beginning to explain, "After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of 17 should be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament." Everyone starts yelling and 'Boo'ing, the twins yelling about it being rubbish. 

Dumbledore silences everyone and with a flick of his wand, the gold tower that was brought in a bit ago slowly dissolves to show a giant gold goblet with blue fire burning at the top. "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves into the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun."