By Himself

"Are you sad?"

"Are you sad?"

With a curious tone, Chenle asked the ghost-quiet girl beside him.

"I think so," Xiao Yue answered.

"Me too."

"No you're not."

"Exactly."

Chenle smiled with the side of his lips.

I stand on my feet, tucking the chair to the table. I shake my head, trying to get the sorrow out of my head. I drag my feet on the cold floor.

Time brought my body inside my room, but the feelings inside my chest remain caged. The moonlight shone through the window, barricaded by the slightly open curtain. The window always caught my attention everytime i lay on this mattress. The only escape when the door is locked shut.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Open," Chenle said.

I move closer to the door. My right palm clasped on the knob to open it. The door shifts open with a swinging motion.

"Why are you h-" i stopped when i looked at his eyes.

His eyes are as dark as obsidian.

"I'm Arte."

I swallowed my shock.

"Why are you here?"

"I'll have a little chit chat with you," Arte spoke with a distinctly deeper voice than Chenle.

His sinister smile arose after i let him inside my room. Something about him is far different from the psychotic side of Chenle. Arte is somehow more composed and graceful. The movements of his eyelids is as soft as a swan. It blinks as if it teases anyone who wants to peek at the beautiful orb. It gave me a shiver when i look at it up close.

"Keep moving closer," Arte said.

I gasped. Realizing i was inching closer as i adore his bottomless eyes.

His hand slowly moves to my shoulder. Closer to my neck than my arm.

"W-what are you doing?"

I set my eyes straight, not looking at his hand anymore.

"Where is Chenle?" I asked.

His palms hitched. It covers my neck. Fingers clasped on like it was meant to be there.

"He is not here," Arte answered with his smile on.

I panicked.

I've never encounter Arte alone. Chenle was with Arte at the same time before but now Arte managed to be here by himself.

My hands found its way to his arm, slightly tugging it off my neck.

"I like your eyes, i want to touch it," Arte said.

He leans in. He stopped before our nose touched. He stares at my eyes one by one. I feel his hands tighten.

"What are you doing, stop!" I finally screamed out.

"Can't you see?"

"W-what?" I asked with my trembling lips.

"I'm killing you."