03

Early 1000s, Southern France

When the Count remarried to Anastasia, she had already bore a son with her first husband. Sebastian, became a pride and joy for the Count rather than his own two children: Tristen and Aurora.

It was no secret that Anastasia loved her people. The city loved her more than the Counts first wife. She had spent much of her time talking with women and children, showing them that the possibilities in life were endless.

In doing so, she met Eris' mother Elaine, a doctor and witch. Anastasia and Elaine became close friends, this making Eris' and her siblings close with the royal family.

Eris did not pay much attention to Aurora and much less with Tristen. It was Sebastian who treated her and her family with respect along with her life long friend Lucien Castle.

After the tragedy of losing Sebastian and the remainder of her family, Anastasia took Eris in. The Queen had realized the relationship Eris had with her son, and losing both her family and first love broke Anastasia's heart.

From there on Lucien and Eris friendship continued to grow, as well as becoming Anastasia part time handmaiden.

When the Mikaelsons arrived Eris was 18. Anastasia convinced Eris to attend the party her husband was holding.

The day was extraordinary. Nobles from all over France were at the palace that day. Eris however was only there to please Anastasia and show Lucien a new spell she had learned. She stood in a corner waiting for her raven haired friend to return with the nobles he went to attain.

Her hair was braided intricately.  She wore the plum colored gown that Anastasia had gifted her for her 18th birthday.  She felt uncomfortable and out of place.  Soon she left the main hall and left to the handmaidens quarters.

She sat on a counter next to a window that overlooked the courtyard for what seemed like hours.  It was only then that a certain Mikaelson came by.

"Well well, what's a pretty little lady like you doing alone over here?" questioned a tall brunette man.

"These parties are rather boring, I'm waiting for a friend and would much rather be alone than listen to incompetent men."

Eris was honest as she spoke, she hated how the men who were supposed to be good leaders and for the people looked at her like she was a piece of meat. The Mikaelson boy frowned at the young girl. 

"You know, I'm not that good in these situations as well. I'm Kol," he smiled at her.

"Hi Kol, I'm Eris," she smiles cheekily.

"C'mon love, we can go socialize until you find your friend, there's much I want to see," Kol said extending his arm.

"Are you implying I am of service here for the Count?" Eris questioned.

"No, no I didn't mean it like tha-"

"I'm kidding, relax Kol," She joked.

"Haha very funny Eris. Your humor is impeccable."

"Why thank you Kol, that's very sweet," she said smugly was she interlocked her arm with his.

It was the beginning of a friendship here. The two attractive beings walked into the main hall. Kol made stupid jokes and harmlessly flirted with Eris the entire time.

Across the room stood Niklaus and Lucien. The two men talked aimlessly but when the brunette clumsily stumbled into the pair spilling her wine on Niklaus, all could be heard was laughter.