09

present time

Lucien

"Eris darling, you came in so late last night," I say to the girl sleeping soundly.

She groans in response and I simply put the blanket she's entrapped in over her chest. I see that her eyes are puffy and her olive skin is flushed.

I feel disheartened, she was sad. My little sister was in pain and I have no idea how to counteract this. I haven't seen those feelings in hundreds of years.

I dress and allow Eris to sleep. Hours pass when she awakes, I hear her in the kitchen playing Marvin Gaye.

"Oh don't you look lovely," I say to Camille who sits with a bitter scowl on her face, "Something wrong?"

"Should I make a list. You tortured Detective Kinney, gave him a compulsion lobotomy, not to mention you're holding me against my will. And using all of my minutes." I listen amusingly as she continues, "I mean I appreciate your dead witch's hand-me-downs and remembering to feed me. But did you really think I was just going to smile and eat up?"

"Well, think of all the poor people who are starving in; well somewhere." I state simply walking towards Eris who holds a tray of pasta, "Smells divine darling."

"You're not staying?" She says with disappointment.

"You know I'd love too, I'm joining the Mikaelsons to dine," I attempt to relieve her heartache but I feel it's only made it worse.

"Are they serving your head on a platter?" Camille spits out and I watch as Eris snorts and a genuine grin is plastered on her face.

"Haha, funny. Doubtful though, Niklaus and I are allies now that evil Tristan is in town." I begin and Eris' face withers in confusion for a moment. I set the tray of pasta on the table and take her hand in mine, giving it a squeeze to ease some of her anxiety.

"Um let me ask, are you more likely to tell Vincent that you're drowning in a tub of bourbon or awash in a sea of Chardonnay?" I ask to the blonde.

"Go to hell."

"Bourbon it is." I smile typing words into her phone.

"Do you really think you can trick my friends into thinking I'm fine? Someone's going to notice I'm gone, and when they do, they'll track me here," I listen intently as she does out words.

"Well not within the next few hours, by which time you'll be free of vervain and I'll be able to compel you to forget everything. Including all manner of tortures and punishments that o might yet employ, should you continue to prove disrespectful." I seethe out.

I feel Eris' gaze on my own, and she sits with a plate of food in front of her. Three knocks on the door takes my attention off of the brunette.

"That'll be that nanny," I state smugly as I open the door to Anton.

"This is Anton, a very loyal and very dangerous friend," I introduce him to the girls, "I will not be burdening my dear Eris with the task of babysitting you. Tread carefully my friend. Oh and Anton, if you should not hear from me by nightfall go on and kill her." I pat his shoulder making my way to the brunette.

"I'll be back soon alright, save me a slice of cheese cake will you," I state softly.

"Be safe," she murmurs not daring to look at me. I place a kiss on her head and give a nod to Anton before walking out of the penthouse.

I walk into the Mikaelson home, with an uneasy feeling at the pit of my stomach. To ease this I begin to pour myself a drink, and the disgusting nuance of a vampire walks into the halls.