01

present time

Her hair resembled the bark of an oak tree. A red tint on her cheeks was prominent when the honey skinned girl blushed. ERIS LAURENT, a true beauty.

Eris didn't know how enticing life was until she met the Mikaelsons a millennium ago. She
found passion again. A love for people again.

She was kind, yet ferocious to those who opposed her. In the hundreds of years she'd been on earth, she'd never killed a single soul without reason. It's not right to hurt those who've done nothing wrong, she thought to herself.

Selflessness and compassion were traits she had. Traits in which she lived by. Traits that those
with no empathy envied. She'd made a name for herself in the last thousand years. A myth was what she was. After her encounters with the Mikaelsons, she stayed true to her human self and continued to practice witchcraft. Being the first vampire-siphon allowed Eris to do things in her best interest and hide in plain sight.

The name Niklaus Mikaelson was surely one Eris would never forget, but she never intended to to see him again. Not after everything he did. It was a breezy night in the heart of San Francisco when Eris' dear friend and confidant, Lucien Castle, called her.

"Ah, what do I owe the pleasure of speaking to the one and only Lucien Castle this fine evening," she said with a sarcastic tone and large smile.

"You're not mad at me still Eris," Lucien slurred smugly.

"No I am not Lu, but I'm still disappointed,"

"You know I'm sorry E!" the raven haired man exclaimed.

"Yea yea, whatever Lucien. Now I do have to be somewhere so if you want to talk please do so,"

"I need your help Eris,"

"With what Lu?" She sipped her martini lightly.

"Well for one, I'd like to make it up to you after being an asshole and two I just need your moral support," he stated proudly. "I'm hosting a gala here in New Orleans and I would love if you attended. Jaden and Luna are already in town with me and I wish that-"

"I'll be there Lu," the brunette cut her beloved friend off. "When is it?"

"In three nights from today, but Eris I do have to warn you," he stopped himself momentarily to articulate his next words, "Elijah and Nik will be there."

For a moment Eris' heart stopped beating. She let out a shaky laugh.

"Lucien Castle, you know me better than this. I will not fret and frown over any man. If you want me their I will be there." She concluded.

"E, if you are not comfortable with seeing them then don't go. I know that you haven't and will never stand behind a man, but if you feel any overwhelming sense of doubt do not come. He hurt you E, and I just don't want to-"

"Lucien, I've had hundreds of years to forgive him. And do not forget what his family did to you. If there is anyone who should truly be upset then it is you. I will be there."

"Okay E, but do stay at my place. I'll have a room for you when you arrive."

"Thank you for the invite Lu, I cannot wait to see you," she said warmly.

"As do I my dear Eris, as do I," Lucien smiled.

When the phone call ended both Eris and Lucien were unsure of themselves. Lucien thought long and hard about what his green eyed friend had said and the same went for the green eyed girl.

Eris packed her bags and chose her flight for the morning of the gala. She couldn't help but feel a sense of anxiety. She hadn't see Niklaus and Elijah in over 900 years and she wasn't sure if she was ready to see them.

______________

The flight to New Orleans was long.  The auburn haired girl hummed lowly as her seat reclined. She fell into a deep slumber unsure if she was making the right decision. Her mind swirled with thoughts about Lucien and Jaden.

Meanwhile in New Orleans, Lucien had sparked much mischief.  A string of killings had scared up the community.  With the Mikaelson family divided the past six months and the young Davina Claire as regent, no positions of help had been allowed. Peace is a scary thing, especially when all you have known is war.

As well as Lucien's mischief, Tristan de Martel and his horrid vampire cult had created a bit of a drama as well.  The Strix had decided to pursue the Quarter King, Marcel Gerard.  Eris had a very spoken relationship with the former slave.  They had met in the late 20th century.  She had a deep appreciation for his beautiful view of life.

The time stated 5:47 pm. She had roughly an hour and a half to get herself ready. She managed to find Lucien's penthouse, although a blonde woman was laying dead on his couch. She heard yelling from outside the modern home and rushed to put her stuff in a clean room.

"Jesus Christ! Do you not understand that I said purple and white orchids, not roses. Well I have a guest attending who will break out in hives smelling those flowers and unless you want a million dollar lawsuit I suggest you get me my damn orchids!"

Lucien stormed into his penthouse muttering a bit before pouring a glass of bourbon.  Eris smiled quietly sneaking up on the man. She wrapped her hands around Lucien like when they were kids. A simple piggy back ride.

Lucien immediately knew who it was. He spun his brunette best friend around, wrapping his hands around her waist, holding her tightly. She smiled contently, glad to see one of her oldest friends.

"God I missed you," Lucien muttered

Eris looked up to her friend, and her eyebrow raised. She poked at his chest laughing.

"What, no 'Oh Lucien, I've missed you so much. You look rather handsome,"

"Well Lucien, you do look well. And your place is beautiful. Now come on, I have a dresses that you need to help me pick." She spun around going to her bedroom as Lucien followed.

--------------

Okay, the timeline for this story is a bit different from the actual season. Here the story starts on episode 4, instead of the Strix holding a ball for Marcel. LOL, thank you for reading.