Chapter 8-The Sick

(Ellie's pov)

After Carl said those horrible words,I ran to my cell and jump to my bed just to cry into my pillow.Why should I be crying for that back then I didn't even cry from Carl and his gang hitting me.

He is right you can't get what you want in this shitty world.I mean look at us right now,I just figured out our group is against some guy named 'the governor' just for this prison.

And that each one of us lost someone due to this fucking apocolypse.I haven't lost someone yet but I don't want to jinx it.

"We lost two of our people last night and there were no walkers in the prison." Rick said

I stopped crying to continue to hear the conversation.

''Well how did they turn like em' " my dad said.

"It is getting colder,so it might be like a cold" Hershel said.

"We already seperated the people that have it and don't we just need this cell block.Tell everyone to move to cell block C,I have to check on Carl if he's alright." Rick said

So now its like a cold I have to tell Patrick.Now that I think about it I didn't see Patrick yesterday.

He either was one of them or he's alive,I better go check.Once I got outside my cell I bumped into my dad.

''Watch where you goin' ass kicker"

"Oh,I'm sorry have you seen Patrick"

"You haven't heard Patrick got infected and turn into one of those."

"..."

"I'm sorry ass kicker."

"So does that mean that were all going to get infected."

"I don't know but were seperating the people that are sick from the healthy ones.

And you now have to take your stuff to cell block C and stay there till we found out how to treat it."

"Oh ok"

I decided to just leave that for later to go see if the children from woodbury are ok.

I went outside see that Carl was yelling to Lizzie and Mika about not naming the walkers.

"What the hell are you talking about ok they don't talk,they don't think,they eat people,they kill people" Carl said.

"People kill people,they still have names." Lizzie said.

"Have you seen what happens?Have you seen someone die from that?"

"Yeah,I have"

"They're not people and they're not pets,don't name them"

"What about not naming them" I butt in

"Oh look who came little miss cry baby.Have you cried to your daddy yet about me saying horrible things to you"

"Carl said that we can't name them just because they eat people" Lizzie said

"Look Carl I didn't cry like you did when you got a bullet inside of you.And ignore him girls he has mood problems since you know he's going through puberty"

The girl laughed after I told them that.Carl even blushed.

"Ellie just shut the fuck up and stop getting into people's damn business."

He walked off after that.

"Ellie do you want to come to story time with us" Mika said

"No thank you I have to do something else but I'll go wtih you guys someday."

They walk off.I should really go get my stuff and take them to cell block C but it was good to talk back to Carl.

Wow one moment I was crying from Carl's horrible words and now I'm happy for talking back to Carl.

I got to my cell and started to pack my stuff in a duffle bag.Something got my eye and saw it was a picture of me and Carl celebrating our 8th birthday.

Why do I have this piece of shit.

"Because that reminds you of him and you being bestfriends" My mind said

Why should I be reminded if he's going to be a dick forever

"Because that would help you to bring him back"

Why should I,didn't you see how he treated me when I tried to apologize

"Maybe he'll see how much he needs you to survive this shitty world"

I decided to stop fighting with my brain before it convices me on trying to apologize again.

I went to cell block C and the only cell left was next to Carl's.

Why do I always get one next to his,is it because I always the last one or does the group want us to be 'friends'.

I'll go with the second one because Rick always tries to make us have night watch together and Glenn and Maggie always get us together by 'accidently' bumping into each other.

(Next day)

As I got up I saw Hershel standing in my cell door.

"Didn't mean to wake you up"

"You didn't.Do you help with something?"

"I do can you go with me to get some leaves to make some tea for the sick people"

"Yeah sure let me just change"

He nodded afterwards and left to give me privacy.

After I finished dressing up I met Hershel in a room.

We were about to head out but Carl had to interrupt.

"Where are both of you going?" he said

"To get some leaves for tea" Hershel said back to him.

"You do know you have to tell my dad to go out I mean I can help you but first I have to ask my dad"

"Well you can go ask him but by the time you come back I'll be out there with Ellie"

"How bout I'll join you guys?"

"Fine with me how bout you Ellie?" Hershel told me.

I just shrugged my shoulders while giving Carl a glare while he gave me one back.

"I'll take that as a yes" Hershel said.

TO BE CONTINUED....

A/N: Well as you can see in this chapter I had Patrick died before he was with Carl about the "do not name the walkers part" as I told you guys I would have some parts from the show not all of them but have them in different orders.Idk if I would update on Monday because it would be my birthday and after I get out of school I have to go to the dentist and idk how long the dentist would take.So that would be the best birthday I would have *sarcasm* I hope you enjoy this chapter vote,share and of course read this story.And a huge THANK YOU to @SydiaX for reading and commenting on this story as I said before to her she's one of my new inspiration.