Chapter 1-It All Starts Here

(Ellie's Pov)

I was sleeping peacefully when my fucking alarm started ringing.I was was slapping the little desk I had close to my bed to shut the fucking alarm.It didn't stop till I opened my eyes and swiped my iPhone's lock screen.It finally shut up.I got up from bed and decided what to wear from my little closet I decided to just wear blue jeans and an Arctic Monkeys t-shirt.

I headed downstairs to see if my father was.As always he wasn't but he left a note saying "Went out huntin' with your uncle Merle.Be back before you com' back from school.Theres some pancakes on a plate onto of the microwave get som' if you want som'."

Great I'm left alone.I walked over by the microwave and saw only 3 pancakes.I'm guessing uncle Merle ate some.Once I finished eating the pancakes I look at the clock and it was already 7:50 am.Shit I better get going I grabbed my backpack and hurried out the door and locked it.I hate walking to school Carl and his gang always bully me and call me names when my dad doesn't drive me to school.I turned behind and saw Carl and his gang I started walking faster till Carl screamed out,"Getting scared you little pussy!!!"

"No,just trying to get the fuck away from you guys" I screamed back.

That made then run to me,great.

"Hey you better watch your mouth and see who your talking to" one of his friends said to me.

"I don't take orders from dumb asses" I said

"How come you take orders from your dad since he's one'' Carl said

He did not said that about my dad.Once he finished his sentence I quickly kick him where you shouldn't kick guys.

"Fuck...you..." he said

Next I was beaten by his two other friends.They took turns on punching me one punch me on my stomach the other punch me on the face multiple times.They both then started kicking me on my sides.They stopped once they heard a crack.Now it was Carl's turn to hit me he kicked me the hardest it my sides and I think one of them broke my ribs.As soon as they finished they ran of.Great now I have to walk to school like this and would take me more time to get there

(10 minutes later)

I finally made it to school and thankfully none of the teachers at the front desk didn't notice me from being busy.I started walking to my first period till I realize Carl and his gang are in the same class as me.Carl and Phillip (one of his gang) sit beside me and Jack (his other gang) sat behind me great.Once I entered my classroom the teacher and saw me.

"Ellie are you okay" Mrs.Martinez said

"Yeah I'm fine" I said while glaring at Carl,Phillip,and Jack.

She grabbed my waist to help but I flinched and she quickly realize I have a broken rib.She went to her desk and wrote me a note to go to the nurse.She handed me the note.I left to the office where the nurse was.Once I got there the nurse quickly checked on me.It was pretty quick she just bandaged me and gave me pain killers.I walked to my class and the teacher was teaching something about caveman and dinosaurs.I wasn't paying attention I was thinking how Carl and I used to be best friend when were little it only lasted since I was born till 3rd grade.He started to changed in 4th grade he started to revealed my secrets to everyone in the school they made fun of me that year.The next year he started to turn everyone against me bully me.And this year everyone either hits me makes fun of me from my secrets from 2 years ago or bullies me.

I was interrupted by a lady on tv was saying,"Sorry for disturving but they are humas getting infected with a virus and they're coming not as humans but other things scientist and doctors are trying to cure these virus but some of the greatest scientist are getting bitten and turning into them.Please stay inside your houses till we fixed this mess I repeat stay in your houses lock your windows sealed them and most important don't go outside...." She was saying more stuff but one of those things bit her on the neck and the cameraman ran away and dropped the camera.

The students started to freak out and I just stayed calmed I knew this day would come since theres always a desease.The teacher tried to calm us down and make us stayed together but some of us ran out of the classroom and went to our houses for our family.I was one of "us" that went to their family.I ran all the way to my house and nervously got my keys out of my backpack.I finally made the key go inside the keyhole.Once I opened the door I screamed out,''DAD!! UNCLE MERLE!!!" no reply.I looked inside my room and my dad's room and my uncle Merle's.

I went downstairs and started to get water,crackers,fruit and other stuff inside my backapack.I went inside my room and got my crossbow my dad bought me for my birthday.He took me to shooting classes and he teached me how to use the crossbow so technically I know how to shoot guns and crossbows and I know how to use knifes.The last thing I grabbed was I picture of my dad,my mom who sadly died in a car crash,and me.I smiled at the picture but a tear fell down.

I put in my backpack and walked out the door.Before I left I got myself some few clothes and some of my dad's if I found him and out it on another bag.Now I have to get used to surviving on my own.