Chapter 28

Rosemarie

3 Months Later

I sat at the vanity staring at myself in the mirror without any specific feeling

I sat at the vanity staring at myself in the mirror without any specific feeling. Truth be told I didn't know what to feel right now. My heart strings were being pulled in a thousand different directions.

There was a knock on the door and it slowly opened to reveal Yashua in a suit. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He walked up next to me and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"We gotta go love," he sighed.

I nodded at him forcing a smile and I got to my feet. He held out his arm and I grabbed onto it letting him lead me downstairs. All the boys stood at a hotel since they were the groomsmen. Talia stood with Kelsey and the other bridesmaids in Chris' house.

Yashua and I went outside and we settled in his car. I put on my seatbelt and he began driving. It was damn near the longest drive of my life. I've never wanted a day to be over with already ever in my life. I haven't spoken a word to Chris since his accident. I couldn't anymore. He was going to marry Kelsey and that was that. I have to move on.

Yea it's not as easy as it sounds.

We finally arrived at the church and there were a lot of family and friends huddled around. Everyone looked so happy. Yashua helped me out the car and we walked out front immediately seeing Chris' mom. I already felt my throat tighten at the sight of her and she smiled at me.

We met half way and she gave me the biggest hug I've had in while. She rubbed my back slowly and whispered, "I know mija. You're still my daughter."

She released me and held my hands. 20 seconds of being here and I already want to cry.

"You look beautiful ma," I smiled.

"And you look perfect."

I felt an arm go around me and saw Chris' brother, Jonathan next to me.

"I'll object if you want me to," he smirked.

"Oh my god no!" I laughed playfully pushing him away.

"I'm just saying. I prefer you-"

"ALRIGHT I'm going to go inside. I need to find a bathroom or something," I laughed shaking my head.

I walked inside the church building and took in the classic decorations. The ceiling was high with a beautiful chandelier hanging down. I walked up the stairs and once I reached the top, Richard and Chris were standing there. They were both in suits and they looked absolutely amazing. Richard froze at the sight of me making Chris turn around.