Chapter 19

Rosemarie

I denied the call and threw my phone. It continued to ring from across the floor and I got to my feet.

"Rose-"

"I just need some air Talia."

I put on my slides and went on my front porch. I slid to the staircase and hugged my knees. After a few minutes I heard the front door open and someone sat down next to me.

"I want to be left alone," I groaned.

"Well I'm not Talia and I can care less what you want," I heard Yashua say.

I rolled my eyes and lifted my head. I wiped my face and stared forward.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to check on you. Also I wanna tell you I think you should talk to Richard. He's blowing up my phone, Talias phone and the house phone," he replied.

"I don't know what to say to him yet," I spat.

"You don't even know what's going on Marie-"

"What is there more to know? He got careless as always and this time it bit him in the ass. And you know we aren't official so why would I be mad. Overwhelmed? Definitely. Because it's always something," I groaned.

"Listen. I knew you always felt for my brother, it was obvious. But I never agreed on you guys actually being together. You were always such a laid back girl and he was a fucking mess. And it's a shame you're caught up in it with him. You were better off with Chris," he replied and got to his feet.

His words cut deep. It hit harder than expected. Richard has always been messy growing up and always in drama. I've always been to myself. Dealing with him was always tough on his siblings and I but we always stood by him. But he needs to mature already and be fucking careful.

I got to my feet and went back inside the house. I saw Yashua and Natalia sitting on the couch and went to go join them. Natalia handed me my phone and I saw countless messages from Richard.

Richard: Rose

Pick up

Please pick up.

I know I fucked up but can you talk to me

Please I don't know what to do and I trust you the most. Please pick up

Roseeee

I'm sorry. I know I was careless but please I need to talk to you.

😔 I'm sorry. I love you and just let me know when you can talk or want to.

I felt my eyes water at the texts and took in a deep breath. I pressed FaceTime and they got up to give me privacy. Richard's face came on the screen and I can tell he was crying. His eyes were puffy and they looked heavy.

Me: hi

Richard: I'm so fucking sorry

Me: Richard... this has nothing to do with me. This is between you and the girl and I'm here for you as a friend.