She's Never Really Gone

Warning: Tickle Fluff and possibly adorably cute.
Exclaimer: I do NOT own Steven Universe it is a cartoon by Rebecca Sugar:)
Tickler: Garnet
Ticklee: Steven
Summary: Steven starts to think too deeply about his mom and everything. He wishes he could have met her. Garnet tries to comfort him. (This story takes place when Steven is still young.)
Word count: 877

"Steven!" Pearl called throughout the house. "Steven?" Pearl called again. "What's the matter?" Garnet asked. "Steven's missing, he needs to come and put away his laundry!" Pearl said. Garnet shifted her glasses a bit, the corner of her mouth shifting up ever so slightly. "I'll find him."
"Yo guys," Amethyst said, barging into the house, "Steven's on the roof. Dunno, why. Seems like a problem for Garnet because he won't talk to me."
Pearl looked somewhat worried but Garnet got up and walked outside. She patted Amethyst on the shoulder but said nothing. "Since you're here now, Amethyst. Here is your laundry."

Garnet climbed up onto the roof and sat herself next to Steven who was sitting curled in a ball with his head down looking gloomy. Garnet shifted closer to him, eventually asking,
"Is anything the matter?" Steven just shrugged. He wasn't sure he wanted to tell her anything. "What's wrong? You can tell me y'know," Garnet put a gentle hand on his back in comfort.
"Yeah.." Steven said. He looked at her and asked, "Why did my mom have to die for me?"
Garnet felt a bit startled by the question, but stayed calm. "Like, she gave up her physical form to make me. Meaning she's dead. But I have her gem. Does that mean I am Rose Quartz? Why couldn't she have saved herself? I only wish to have met her.. it's usual for infants to see their mother at some point in their life. But I didn't.."
Garnet could tell Steven was hurt. So she said in a gentle voice, "Steven. It's quite complicated... And you're probably too young to know some of the parts of it. But your mother.. transferred her gem to your human body. So, technecially... You are Rose Quartz. Just due to your father, you still are partially human."
Steven seemed to get it. "I just miss her. Never even got to see her, but I do.." Garnet heard a crack in his voice. She couldn't blame him. She missed Rose, too.
"I know what'll chear you up," Garnet said, her tone changed and she sounded like she was planning something. "Yeah, me too. Can you use your future vision to tell me if it's going to rain?" Steven asked. Garnet sighed with a chuckle in her breath. "Chances of rain are quite low."
"Aw man.."

Garnet and Steven sat there quietly. Steven's head was down on his curled up knees, arms wrapped around his head. Garnet snuck a hand behind Steven's back. When Steven felt a poke at his side he flinched. His eyes widened. He slowly turned to Garnet who was smirking. He sweated and gulped. "Time for you to be happy, now."
"N-no! Garnet! Wait not thahahahat!!" Too late. Garnet had already dug her skinny fingers into Steven's sides. "Ahahahaha! Garnet! C-cut it ouhuhut!" Garnet skittered her fingers up and down Steven's sides, squeezing them occasionally on the areas that were more sensitive. "HAHAhahahaha!! Noho! Not thehehere! HaahahaHAha!" The squeezes caused Steven to squeak louder. Garnet smiled, she loved seeing Steven like this.
"Tickle tickle~" Garnet teased. Steven turned light pink. Nobody liked showing weakness in front of Garnet, especially Steven.
Garnet moved her hands to Steven's armpits. Steven's snickers turned to belly laughs.
"HAHAHA!! WAITwaitwaitWAHAHAIT!! NOOHOOHO! STAHAHAP IT GARNEHET!" Steven shrieked. Garnet tried to contain herself from laughing. It was hard because Steven was so cute.
"HAHAHA GARNET PLEHEHEASE!!" Steven wasn't sure how much he could take. Garnet wriggled her fingers around Steven's ribs, which sent a shock of ticklishness through Steven's body. He laughed harder than before.
"AAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA NOOHOHOHOHO PLEHEHEHEHEASE IHIHI CAHAHAHNT!! AHAHA!" Garnet lifted Steven's shirt and traced a finger around Steven's gem. Steven squealed, "EEEHEHEHE!! GARNEHET STOHOP IT TIHICKLES!"
"I cannot stop until you are cheared up," Garnet said calmly. 
She continued to scribble her fingers on Steven's bare ribs and as she did so she took in a big breath of air. "NOO!! NO PLEHEHEHHEASE PLEASE GOSH NOHOHO!" Garnet blew. She blew a big raspberry on Steven's stomach. Steven threw his head back and he laughed so hard. Tears were streaming and he was red like Ruby. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHA NOHOHOOHOHOHO!! AHAHAHAHHA GARHAHAHAHAHA--!"
"You happy yet?"
"YEHEHEHES I'M HAPPY I'M HAPPYHYHYH!"
Garnet finally let up. Steven panted and wheezed. He was blushing red and crying of joy. Garnet ruffled Steven's hair, "I'm glad you're feeling better." Steven giggled, "T-that was brutal! Y-you are no f-fun!"

Garnet laughed, "Why, I'm offended, Steven Universe." Steven smirked. He reached his arms out towards Garnet's sides. Garnet saw this and took a step back. Steven caught onto Garnet's sides and began to wiggle his fingers. Garnet tensed immensely, held her breath  and gritted her teeth. She picked up Steven by the sides, "No."
Steven giggled, "One day, Garnet. One day, you just wait..." This made Garnet grow nervous, but she didn't show it. Instead, she smiled and carried Steven into the house safely.

The end!