two

there will be a lot of time jumps in this book but I will be sure to make it clear how long had passed

~

WORD COUNT: 1.8K

~

Gal frowned deepened even further as Obi-Wan joined her on Padmè's couch, repeating his first question from when he had entered just mere seconds ago, clearly unsure whether she had heard him or not. She had.

"Where is Anakin?" 

She looked at him and shook her head. "I don't know, I haven't seen him since yesterday. he said something about Mustafar and the Separatist," she said and placed her hands in her lap, looking down at them. 

"Gal, I'm afraid Anakin has fallen to the dark side." Obi-Wans words were like a slap in the face. 

"What?" She asked him, pushing herself off of the couch and onto the feet. "H-He wouldn't, he couldn't!"

Obi-Wan rose to his feet and reached forwards, gently grabbing one of her hands before saying, "I saw footage of him... killing younglings, at the Temple."

Her face contorting into pain and shock, Gal tore her hand from Obi-Wans grasp as she exclaimed, "not Anakin! He couldn't do such a thing!" The fact that Obi-Wan had even thought of such a thing made her angry. She was even aware of the fact that her loud voice caught the attention of her resting Padawan in the nearby room. 

Gal knew what it meant if Anakin was the one at the Temple. He could have been the one to kill Harley's friend, and maybe even been the one who attempted to kill Harley herself. Gal knew she couldn't live with that thought. It would drive her to the brink of instantly. 

"He surrendered himself to the Chancellor's teachings... Darth Vader," Obi-Wan muttered, sending chills up Gal's spine. "I need to find him and put an end to this, he's a danger to everybody, including you and your Padawan. Where is he?" Obi-Wan asked as he turned his back to her to stare out at the city. He knew Anakin had told her, but he also knew he didn't have enough time to fall into a deep discussion with her. 

The anger in Gal hadn't yet subsided as she questioned Obi-Wan, "what do you mean put an end to this? You dare threaten my husband this way?" Gal pulled up the end of her robes as she marched over to him, completely forgetting that Obi-Wan was unaware of the fact that they were married. "He is like your brother, Master Kenobi! You can't kill him, you can't!" She cried out as Obi-Wan turned around and grabbed her hand once more in sympathy. 

"I'm sorry, Gal. I have to. If it's any consolation, Anakin is gone already," h said sincerely before letting go of her hand, but she only grabbed it again, this time tighter. 

Gal couldn't even stop herself from blurting out the news she had kept to herself for a full month now. 

"Obi-Wan, I'm pregnant." She closed her eyes tightly as Obi-Wans other hand gently wrapped itself around their already enclosed ones. "I'm pregnant. I haven't told anyone. Padmè doesn't know, Anakin especially doesn't know, but he knew that something was off," she said with a sigh after opening her eyes again. Obi-Wans concerned stare was all she was met with.  

"How have you gotten away with doing so much, Gal?" He near scolded her as she ducked her head in shame. Obi-Wan let out a sigh and let go of her hands before stepping back. "You will need to find Master Yoda, he will know what to do. I will return, but in the meantime, be safe. Now, I'm sorry Gal, but I have to go..."

As the Jedi Master moved towards the platform, Gal called after him, "Obi-Wan?" He stopped once he reached his speeder before turning around and looking at her expectantly. "Please don't... That's not Anakin."