Chapter 16

^^^^ pic of Trent

Trent and Travis  sat with Vanessa while she went over her statement  to the cops on what happened. She had given it previously but they knew she was somewhat out of it and wanted to make sure they got all the details right.

Travis wanted to kill the bastard for what he put her through and Trent was right there with his older brother. He couldn't believe how much this tiny woman had been through in her life and was glad he had offered to help her.

"Is there anywhere you can stay other then your apartment?" The older officer asked her. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to be alone anymore. At least not until he's caught."

"I...I don't know. Shy doesn't really have the room but I guess I can sleep on her couch. I mean if it's okay with her." She had been playing with her fingers this whole time trying to keep from crying as she told the story she didn't want to repeat to anyone but knew she had to.

"NO..I mean no you can stay at my place. I have plenty of room and it's out of that building so he has no way of finding you. Plus with the security my house has even if he did he wouldn't be able to do anything to you." Trent said casually.

"I can't put you in danger Trent." She said sadly.

"I see." Travis said thoughtfully. "You are afraid to put us in danger, but not Shy." He said and motioned between himself and his brother then stayed quiet as he let that sink in.

"Well I...I...Crap I never thought about her being in danger. Alright Travis I'll stay with Trent, but on one condition." She said sternly as she looked in his eyes.

"Anything." He said quickly.

"The first sign of trouble and I'm finding somewhere else to stay. I will not put you, Trent or Sean in danger." She stuck out her hand and they shook on it.

"Deal." He agreed quickly because he knew she would never be hurt by that scum again.

The cops were fine with that arrangement and shook hands with everyone and turned to leave. Trent had some paper work he had to get done so he had to leave as well. "I will see you guys later tonight and we will go over a few things then but for now I have to go get this restraining order in and take care of some other things before then. If you have any questions or think of anything else please give me a call Ness. My brother has my number and we will help you every step of the way." He gently hugged her and turned to leave as she thanked him.

"I'm going to go get Sean while they discharge you." Travis said as he kissed her head and turned to leave.

"Thank you Trav." Vanessa said quietly.

Travis turned and flashed a mega watt smile. "Any time sweet pea." Then left the room.

Travis caught up to Trent who was talking to one of the officers and waited for him to get done. "I'm going to take her straight to your place and then we can go get her things later or when ever you have time. She is never going back to that apartment again."Trent nodded in agreement and they made plans for that night before parting ways.