"Synthetic electrical currents!" her stylist announced, letting Phoenix take a closer look at the dress. "Since District 5 is responsible for our electricity, I thought we should highlight the electricity itself. Bring a bit of spark to the parade," her stylist revealed while helping Phoenix into the dress.

"Synthetics are all the rage since last year's games," one member of the prep team chimed in, evoking memories of the previous year when synthetic flames adorned the outfits of Katniss and Peeta.

"I have one tribute ready, but I'm hoping for two," Ivanna walked into the room with one hand covering her eyes. She gasped loudly once she uncovered her eyes to see Phoenix in her green dress, with the currents moving through the fabric at lightning speed.

She paused for a moment, then placed a hand over her heart and looked at Phoenix lovingly. "As much as I would love to stay here and admire you, we must be going," Ivanna said. She then placed a kiss on each member of the prep team's cheek before grabbing Phoenix's hand.

Ivanna led them out of the room until they faced Cassian and Maeve, with Cassian's new mentor nowhere to be seen. Phoenix noticed Cassian's suit, recognizing it was the same dark green color as her dress, with synthetic currents running through it.

"Where were you? You disappeared," Phoenix asked, her concern evident as she noticed Maeve looking a bit paler than usual. " And I'm going again, we have to find our seats. We'll see you two after. "Maeve replied, avoiding the question. She embraced both Phoenix and Cassian before heading off, leaving Phoenix with a lingering sense of unease.

"Remember, I need you two to have your camera faces on! You should look like the best of friends, so smiling and waving only," Ivanna reminded. "You two are Capitol favorites, now act like it!" Maeve added before walking away with Ivanna.

"Friends, huh?" Cassian chuckled before linking arms with Phoenix. The girl smiled, walking in sync with him. "The best." Both were fully aware of the act they were putting on for the already cheering crowd.

This moment reminded Phoenix of her time as Cassian's mentor, evoking a sense of nostalgia for the period when they were close. Even recalling the short period after his games when Cassian would follow Phoenix as she introduced him to the other victors. Yet, she was well aware that the act would come to an end as soon as the parade concluded.

Reaching their chariot, Cassian unlinked their arms. Unexpectedly, he grabbed both of Phoenix's hands before leaning down to her height, speaking to her almost like she was a child, causing her to move back slightly "I'm going to try and make allies, I suggest you do the same." Without another word, Cassian released her hands and proceeded towards the chariots of the Career tributes.

Phoenix stood there for a moment, staring down at her hands and questioning what had just happened. She lowered her hands by her side and began searching for Finnick, her gaze coming to a stop when she noticed him talking to Katniss.

A smile formed across her face as she looked at Finnick while he was talking to Katniss, hoping their interaction would make it easier for them to become allies in the arena. Lost in the moment, she hadn't realized how long she had been staring until an almost distant voice snapped her back into reality.

" You're drooling. " Johanna Mason's voice rang out from beside her.

Having won their respective games years apart, the two victors had forged a fast friendship. They admired the way each other presented themselves to the Capitol after winning. Both are so different, yet so similar. Johanna had even confided in Phoenix, admitting that she had drawn inspiration from her before her own games. This revelation stemmed from the shared understanding that neither of them appeared as a threat until the actual games began.