I crossed my arms, "He's a big stick in the mud, and you don't like him either."

Gandalf grumbled lightly, something along the lines of, "True, but at least I don't say it in front of his face." Or something like that.

"We have no need for a peacekeeper." Thorin spoke, breaking the light hearted atmosphere. "What is she going to do? Ask the dragon to simply leave?" Thorin questioned, earning laughs from the company, while a frown formed along Gandalf's and I's lips.

Before Gandalf could snap back at Thorin, Kili asked, "Do you think Mr. Baggins will come?"

I smile, "I'm sure he will."

"How much are you willing to bet?" Kili asked, a sly grin forming along his features.

I shrug, "Five shillings."

Kili smirked, "Deal." He held out his hand for me to shake, I took it with a confident smile. Once I pulled away I heard a familiar voice scream out, "Wait!"

The company pulled their horses to a halt, Thorin turned his pony slightly, looking over at Bilbo in surprise. Bilbo came to a walk as he approached Balin, "I signed it." He said, handing Balin the folded contract. Balin took it, giving Bilbo a small smile before looking over it, specifically where Bilbo forged his signature.

"Everything appears to be in order." Balin commented, nodding towards Thorin as he slipped the contract into one of his bags. "Welcome Master Baggins to the company of Thorin Oakenshield." Balin welcomed with a smile.

Thorin simply rolled his eyes, turning his horse to face back forward saying, "Give him a pony." He then hit the reins making the pony move onward. Everyone followed him while Gandalf stayed off to the side, dropping back.

"No, no, that won't be necessary thank you." Bilbo rambled as the dwarves walked past on their ponies. "I'm sure I can keep up on foot. I've done my fair share of walking holidays, you know ... Even got as far as Frogmorton once, aah!" Bilbo's rambling ceased to a close as Fili and Kili grabbed him by the shoulder, lifting him up and placing him on the back of a light brown pony.

He picked up the reigns holding it close to him as the pony trotted on, not seeming to know what to do. Gandalf paced by his side, exchanging a little bit of conversation. "Let's walk next to him, Callon." I whisper to my stallion who made a small snort of agreement in response. Callon picked up his pace, going around the dwarves in front of us before slowing down on the other side of Bilbo. 

"Bilbo! Nice of you to finally make it." I exclaim with a bright smile, catching the small hobbit's attention. "I'm glad you came." I say.

"Y-you are?" Bilbo stuttered out, pink dusting his cheeks.

I nodded, "You are quite an amusing and interesting fellow." Bilbo looks at me confused, not knowing whether to take that as a compliment or not. He looks over at Gandalf who simply nods to him in response before Bilbo looks back at me. "Thank you." He said with a smile.

It was silent for a moment, I looked over into the trees, watching them pass by. My attention was snapped back into reality when I heard someone say, "C'mon Nori. Pay up." I look back forward seeing dwarves tossing coin pouches to one another.

"What's that about?" Bilbo asks, watching the dwarves with confusion written all over his face.

"Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you'd turn up. Most of them bet you wouldn't." Gandalf explained.

Bilbo looked over at Gandalf asking, "And what did you think?" A smirk played on Gandalf's lips as he let go of the reins to his horse, catching a coin pouch that was heading his way. "My dear fellow, I have never doubted you for a second." Gandalf said with a small chuckle.