Chapter 44

I had continued to attend the meetings as normal. It seemed no one else knew about the prophecy except Voldemort and his most trusted Death Eaters.

I had been telling James about seeing Dumbledore and he seemed reluctant to let me leave but he trusted Dumbledore.

Today I entered the room where the meetings were held.

The only people there so far was Lucius. The rest would be arriving soon, I was early after all.

Before I could reach my seat I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

Rather, someone. Peter Pettigrew stood by the door leading to the dungeons.

He betrayed us.

"Dear Alivia." A voice hissed from behind me. "I was told by a little bird, or should I say rat, that you are a spy for Dumbledore." Voldemort spoke slowly.

I tensed, trying to remain calm.

"May I ask My Lord, how we can be sure he's telling the truth?" Lucius intervened.

"Well Lucius, while your sister is skilled in the art of Occulemency, Wormtail isn't." Voldemort responded.

He called him Wormtail. How dare he use the name the Marauders came up with together.

Pettigrew was going to die. I would make sure of that.

Before I could do anything Voldemort had uttered a simple word.

"Crucio."

I fell to the ground as the spell hit me. It felt as if a thousand hot knives were piercing my skin. Twisting and burning. My body convulsed into different positions to ease the pain but nothing worked it didn't stop.

Until it did. It wasn't much of a good thing.

Voldemort stood above me as I panted in the floor. I glanced to my right to see Lucius, he looked terrified for me but I knew he couldn't do anything. He'd be killed.

"What do you know about the Prophecy? Surely Dumbledore has told his little spy everything about it." Voldemort hissed.

"He hasn't told me about any sort of prophecy." I huffed out, the lie slipping easily from my lips.

"She's lying, My Lord." Pettigrew stuttered.

Voldemort looked up at him, as if telling him to continue.

"The Potter boy and the Longbottom boy are the two children b...born at the...the end of July."

"So it's you're child. The boy. Oh what was his name?" Voldemort cackled. "Oh that's right."

"Harry Potter."

I spent the next two days in one of the dungeons. I received no food, only water. They wanted me alive.

That's why they used the cruciatus curse and other non-fatal methods of torture.

Despite being tortured for two days straight, I refused to tell them anything. I would rather die in the filthy dungeon than give away my son.

James Potter's POV

Alivia has been gone for two days.

Two days passed and she had not returned.

I couldn't even speak to Dumbledore. We weren't allowed to send owls in case they were tracked. He was supposed to make sure she was safe.

I sat at the base of the stairs while Sara and Harry slept. I was right by the door, hoping she's stumble in soon.