Chapter 39

That weekend the Order would have a meeting. One James and Sirius would be attending. I figured it would be a good as time as any to visit my parents.

Finally the fateful day came. I took a deep breath and got ready. I put on a black dress with a lace pattern that reached my knees. I put on a black coat that was nearly as long as the dress. I needed to look presentable for my parents. They didn't even know I was coming over.

I let out a breath and made my way downstairs. I spotted Euphemia and Fleamont. Euphemia gave me a nod of encouragement and I gave them both a quick goodbye.

James and Sirius walked into the kitchen, ready to leave for their order meeting. They stopped once they saw me.

"Where are you going, love?" James asked, a bit confused.

I smiled lightly, "To visit my brother and Narcissa. They are getting married soon and I agreed to help them plan the wedding." It wasn't a complete lie. I would be seeing them at the manor to help with preparations. My parents just so happened to be there as well.

"Ah, dear cousin Cissy is getting married. She invited me you know." Sirius muttered.

"You should go." I told him.

"I doubt anyone else would want me there. Aren't you going?" He replied.

"I might, I don't quite know if my parents would want me there." I sighed. "Well I must be off." I waved goodbye and gave James a quick kiss before leaving through the front door and apparating to Malfoy Manor.

I walked down the long pathway up to the front and slowly knocked. I stood for a second before the door opened.

I was roughly pulled inside and a wand was pointed at my neck. My back was toward my attacker as they held me against their body.

"Who are you?" A gruff voice asked.

"I live here." I spat while trying to shake off my attacker.

Lucius came running into the entrance hall. "Let her go." He commanded.
Slowly, the person let me go and I glared at them. Most likely a Death Eater. I dusted off my dress and hugged Lucius. I pulled away. "Where are Mother and Father?" I asked.

"Why are you here?" He asked with a questioning glance. I nodded my head toward the man and Lucius told him to leave.

Once we were alone I spoke, "I came to apologise to Mother and Father."

"Bullshit."

I sighed. Lucius knew me far too well. "I need to speak to them Lucy, please." I said looking up at him.

Lucius sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Alright but be careful, there are a few Death Eaters staying here for the week. A safe house they used had been compromised."

"I can handle myself just fine, brother." I said as he led me into the drawing room.

Narcissa stood with my mother, probably discussing wedding plans. They heard the door shut and turned to look who had entered.

My mother's eyes widened and she immediately ran over to me. "Alivia Malfoy! Where have you been?" She whisper-yelled. She turned around to face the few death eaters that stood in the room. "Out. Now." She said. They all got up and left. Narcissa left too, dragging a reluctant Lucius with her.

My mother turned back to me and glared.

"Mother. I came here to apologise to both you and Father." I spoke slowly, carefully thinking of my words.

"Speak then." She said sharply.

"My beliefs once wavered," the lie slipped easily from my mouth, "but I have come to realise that I was wrong. I have come to ask for you forgiveness."

My mother smiled, "well of course I'll forgive you dear. You're still my daughter. Now come here." She pulled me in for a quick hug. "Now I expect you'll be ready to work for the Dark Lord?"

"Yes."

The word slipped from my lips. I just agreed to the one thing I was trying to run from. I nearly succeeded.

My mother grinned, "good."

"Mother?" She nodded for me to continue speaking, "I'm dating James Potter. I know he doesn't believe in our ways but he is still pure blood. I ask you to accept that fact." It would be easier to tell her now than try to hide it from her for who even knows how long. I could be stuck doing this for years.

My mother did not look happy about that but she sighed and nodded. "I suppose it's better than a mudblood." She spat. I tried my hardest not to flinch at the word. I needed to get used to this if I were to fully convince them I was one of them. "I expect to see you at the wedding?" She asked.

"Of course." I nodded.

"Narcissa wanted to speak with you, I believe." My mother said before leaving the room to fetch Narcissa.

Narcissa came in and smiled. She pulled me into a tight hug.

"What are you doing? I thought you were done with this." She murmured.

I wanted to tell her but I remembered Dumbledore's warning. I could tell her another time. They would get suspicious and ask.

"I changed my mind."

"You don't change your mind, Alivia." She said sternly. My heart swelled, she knew me so well.

I sighed. "I can't tell you. If someone finds out I'm as good as dead." I whispered.

She nodded. "Well, I wanted to ask if you'd be my maid of Honour." She spoke louder this time.

I grinned. "I'd love to."

"Oh and do try to convince Sirius to come. He may have been disowned but I would like both him and Andromeda at my wedding." She sighed sadly.

"Of course, Cissy. I'll make sure he comes." I promised.

Task 1, complete.

Now I needed to actually become a Death Eater.

_________________________________________

Vote and comment!! Let me know what you think about this chapter of my writing!!

Thank you so so much for 58k reads!!! I didn't ever think that was possible and thank you to all of you who have been there from the start or who have just started reading it but continued reading till the very last chapter!! xxx

Stay safe! <3

– mysticpxnda xx