Chapter Eighteen - It's Not Good To Not Believe In God

Monday morning rang the bells of the day, Glen's football bets were at a 60% win the previous day. It was a little disappointing to Glen and even Mario as well, as he expected Glen to win more than 6 out of the 10 games he put money on. Still, profit was made. But the lingering thought that he may have left a bad taste in Mario's mouth was getting to him time to time for the last fourteen hours and had feared that his own personal expertise, as well as Tommy's combined, would falter down the road. The concern kept in with him, the idea of making the significant loss before Rudy comes back for Glen's protection. He followed that thought on the good idea that he received Tommy's help before he played the joke on him.

He was about to think about Tommy while doing memos, something Glen would file under the second nature category until the Grocery Manager herself, a forty-something by the name of Marilyn who has higher power than he, had approached his desk.

Glen never found her threatening, he looked over to her and said, "Yes, Marilyn?"

"How are ya, Glen?" she said with her patented annoying voice.

"It's all good here."

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

That stopped Glen a little, he hoped that she won't ask about Sheila or even a question about perhaps his sex life. She had done so four years ago when he was just an IT Assistant.

Nevertheless, "Go ahead."

"Do you believe in God?"

He paused with the typing; he played the offense card and said, "That question is a little too personal to me. But, I grew up in a strict-Mormon home. I'm currently non-religious."

She shook her head.

"I imagine you don't like that answer."

"I really don't," she says, "You know that Jesus loves you, regardless of your religion. I'm very concerned even after your wife-to-be passed away."

Glen shook his head on that, even though she had higher power than him, he had no problem challenging back. It was Ropers, not the Military.

"Her passing alone influences my lack of religious preference."

He sat back in his professional chair and said, "But, I do have news about God and even the devil himself. Recently, I was listening to a rock radio station and yours truly, Satan himself, was hosting a special edition of Midnight Metal and how he sponsored McDonald's. So, I think we can take the good guess that Ronald McDonald was able to make Satan say this, probably with the money he has, and I think now Ronald McDonald is someone you should worry about now. If he has more money than Satan, he perhaps can be called the devil." Glen said with no emotion.

Marilyn dropped a disgusted notion to him and with another shake of her head, "That is not funny, Glen. And you shouldn't be listening to heavy metal."

"I don't. Can I help you with a work-related issue?"

"Yes, but I'll go to Barb instead of a sinner like you."

She turned and headed to the door. Glen tried to call her back, but she ignored him and left.

He went back to what he was doing, but said out loud to himself, "I should've asked her if Country music was okay to listen to."

Jasmine sat on the green couch with her friend watching the movie Loving Annabelle, a film about a school teacher and school girl (both of whom female) going into a relationship and having sex at the end of the movie, in where that part was coming by. They watched as the two began to make out, cutting to a scene where the two strip each other's clothes off and make love, cutting to them naked in the bed. The two turned to face each other, Jasmine saw that chubby blond-haired female in front of her, and the two connected with a kiss. She went under Jasmine's black top and massaged her breasts. The kissing continued as Jasmine began the tongue hockey while leading her hand down her pants, wanting her to touch her vagina.