Chapter Twenty-One - It's Going South

Glen did the typical job duties while sitting on his desk and typing away at the computer, seeing that it was 3:00pm. The phone had ringed, and he picked it up, expecting some exciting news, hopefully useful, "Human Resources, Glen speaking?"

"Glen Fletcher, this is Detective Krestanovich."

"Um, yes, how are we?"

"I'm fine here, I hope I'm not disturbing you from your job."

"No, you are not."

"Mr. Todd Rucker was booked into Wayne County Jail Division Two at approximately five hours ago."

"Six in the morning?"

"Yes, he apparently went into Detroit, got into trouble for soliciting a prostitute."

Glen paused at that, just how pathetic Todd had gone down to is what got him with the troubling, yet silly thought. And he had heard that Wayne County Jail Division Two jail is a very rough one, with 2/3 of the inmates being black and held many gang members who have been caught. Todd surely is in deep trouble.

"Mr. Fletcher?" Krestanovich muttered over the phone.

"Yes, sorry, little too much info to absorb." Glen said.

"I imagine so, I have just also informed his mother, I haven't called other family members yet. And I'm rather swamped right now with a few cases."

"I'll contact his brother and sister about the good news."

Krestanovich laughed, "Okay, thank you." Then he hung up.

Glen went on to call Jim on his cell phone, he answered with "Glen?"

"Your brother Todd got caught with a hooker and is in one of the worst jails ever."

"Really?"

"Yes, according to that detective who called me just now."

"Wow, listen, the fuckin' temp place called me to say I'm off the job until I can prove that what had happened did happen. The lady who called me was being a cunt, just like when I applied there."

"Get me a fax number, I'll fax or e-mail what they need from you, then you can return to work. It's one of those named temp offices, right?"

"Yeah," Jimbo mentioned the name of the temp office.

"That's the same one that gave us the temps we have now. I know the woman who is being a cunt to you, I'll take care of this personally and get you back to work."

"Are you going to tell her I called her a cunt?" Jimbo asked.

"No, you and I both can agree that this woman is a total See You Next Tuesday."

"Okay, but why, Glen? I already work for you on that little job we have."

"It's because you need that job to cover what might happen next. Get crackin' on those numbers." Glen said.

Next, the door opened with Barb entering with a short woman with long black hair, wearing dorky glasses, dressed in a white blouse with a black dress coat under it, with matching dress pants. Barb was saying something to the woman, but Glen paid mind to his phone call.

"Okay, James, I'll get to that fax right away, I had the man himself e-mail me the report. I got to go, my boss is here." Glen said, next to hang-up the phone.

"Glen, I want to introduce you to Loraine Bulbinski, she will be your assistant once I leave here as you assume the role as sole HR manager."

Glen stood up and shook hands with her as the three had pleasant smiles on their faces and he added, "Well, if you do a good job, you can be Jr. Human Resources Manager in the matter of a few months."