MFL Presents: Stranded On You - Chapter 2

[Mountainside of Siquijor Island Philippines]

What a long and tiring day for Angie Perez. They had just finished the funeral ceremony for his late grandfather. It's already six months since she quit her job as tour guide to take care her ailing grandfather. Now, she has no one left on her side. Her father left them for another woman, and because it of her mother died few years ago due to severe depression. She doesn't have siblings nor relatives on this island. After what happened to her parents,  she find it very hard to trust in guys. She even promised to herself not to enter in a relationship. She would rather die single than having unfaithful husband. She's already 27 years old yet she never had a boyfriend since birth, nor entertain a single suitor. She built a wall that it's really hard to break.

"Angie, sigurado ba ka nga di ka pauban karong gabii ug higda?" her best friend, Anna Gomez says. 
("Angie, are you sure  you don't want me to sleepover tonight? " her best friend, Anna Gomez says. )

"Okay ra lagi ko. Naa' y batang gahuwat nimo didto. Kinahanglan ka's imong pamilya," she reply gloomily. 
("I'm fine. You have your baby's waiting for you. Your family needs you," she reply gloomily.)

"Pero mas nanginahanglan ka nako karon kay sa akong pamilya. Oy di biya ka nako puwedeng biyaan karon nga ingon aning kahimtang. Magmahay giyod ko sa hangtod kung di ka nako ubanan karong gabiiha. Makabantay man sad akong bana sa bata. Puwede sad nga tawagan nako siya unya diri nalang mi matulog," her best friend is worried about her.)
("But you need me now, more than them. I can't just can't leave you here in this situation. I will be sorry forever if won't stay here with you tonight. Besides my husband can take of our baby. Or I'll call him to come over we will stay for tonight," her best friend is worried about her.)

"Okay ra kaha sa imong bana? "
("Is it okay with your husband?")

"Mo lang! Gikaloy-an giyod intayon ko kay manggihuna-hunaon ug buutan ang akong nabana. Kabawo man sad siya mga importante kaayo nako," she boasts. 
("Of course! I'm a blessed with a thoughtful and caring husband. And he knows you're so dear to me," she boasts.)

"Mao giyod. Wow, gikaluy-an giyod kaayo ka ba, "Angie agrees. 
("Really. Wow, you certainly are blessed," Angie agrees.)

"Huwat lang sa ha, tawagan sa nako siya," her friend excuse to call her husband. 
("Just a moment, I need to call him," her friend excuse to call her husband.)

While she's watching her friend walking away from her, she recalls her younghood days with her best friend. Anna's family lives just few minutes away from her place. They've been friends since childhood and they grew up together. They dreamed to be successful together. Just that Anna got married early and she's unable to finish college. But Angie continued her studies and finished her Tourism degree in a popular university in Dumaguete. Despite living far from each other, they still managed to maintain their friendship even though Angie was away for too long. They even considered themselves as sister and that's something Anna is thankful for. Every time she needed a friend, Anna was there for her, even up to this day.

Although Angie is not envy of her best friend's married life, but she somehow hopes that all men are like that. Unlike her unloving and unfaithful father, wherever he is right now. Faithful and loving man is a kind of very rare gem,  it's hard to find; and maybe almost about to extinct.

"Padulong na sila," her best friend interrupts her from pondering things
("They're coming," her best friend interrupts her from pondering things.)