Chapter 1

Liquid dripping out of my eyes. I could only feel pain.  I cup my eyes aiding it. The throbbing sensation swelling from my right eye was unbearable. The swelling sensation forced me to keep my eyes shut. Three loud knocks erupted from my door. My father walked in holding an alcohol bottle.

"Grab your shit Mei One Direction is adopting you" my father screamed loudly at me, shattering the windows.

"Wait seriously" hope enlightened inside my heart begging for it to come true. My father looks at me with disgust and confusion.

"No you imbecile of a daughter. You're thicker than pink shit. Your getting sent to boarding school, your mother and I can't continue to pay for your medical issues so a specialist will take care of you. His name is Kaien Cross."

"When do I leave"

"Now. Leave we never want to see you again" I quickly pack my bags tears were building in the brims of my eyes. Slowly wiping away my tears. I hated my family. They always hated me ever since my illness. I comb my hair taming my curls and lastly wearing my eyepatch to cover my right eye. We don't talk about it. 

I walk into the cab and notice the cap driver wearing a hazard suit.
"Hello ma'm please put your own stuff into the cab and I will drive you to your location"
I look at him strangely and do as he asks, quickly getting into the taxi.
I watch the scenery as the car drives I let my mine wonder.
"He must know my secret....he must feel threatened by me..." I whisper quietly to myself.

I come back to reality as the car screeches to a halt, I feel a hash tug on the seat belt against my skin.

"We have arrived" the taxi drive states glaring at me through the rear view mirror.

I get out quickly taking my stuff with me as I look around.

"Wow" I gasped looking in awe. I turn around to say my thanks only to notice him spraying his car vigorously with glen 20.

"Ok then..."

I quickly walk towards the gate noticing a girl with short brown waving at me as I walk closer.  

"Welcome to the school Rito Mei. I am your disciplinary committee member Yuk-" Yuki gently reaches her hand out about to clasp my small hands. 

"Yuki! Don't touch her" the headmaster storms out of his office yanking Yuki's arm away from me. "You stay away from my daughter" he shouts. He throws his keys towards me as I search for  my dorm room and was met with the inevitable silence. I hated how people treated me indifferently thinking I was some kind of curse.

A soft knock was heard from my door. As I walk to the door and open it. A man with platinum blonde hair was standing at my door. A solemn smile spreads along his face as he enters my room.

"I know how you feel"

"You do!"

"Feeling alone... Distraught... That's how you feel right" I nod eagerly.

Finally a guy that understands me!

"It's okay you're not in this alone. I'm usually not a y'know a comforting guy but if we're both suffering through this we should go through this together" he gently squeezes my hand reassuring my wavering feelings. I've never felt this safe and relaxed before. 

"Thank you...." I trail, unsure of his name.

"Zero, Zero Kiryu. Here have some of these it will help you get better" he throws a packets of tablets I catch them with ease. By the time I look up he was out of the room.

"Zero Kiryu. What a gentleman" I smile as I inspect the tablets.

"What are these tic-tacs?" I pop one into my mouth, a disgusting taste triggers my taste buds.

"Ew. Is that Craneberry?"

I hear loud screaming in the background while walking to my dorm room and decided to investigate. As I got closer I noticed a bunch of girls screaming and trying to climb a wall.

"What the.." I walk closer only to notice my friend zero pushing back the hoard of crazy girls along with yuki. "Seeing them so close together mysteriously makes my chests hurt." I think while pausing in my steps grabbing my chest.

I was brought to reality by zero calling my name.

"Mei hey what are you doing here"

"I was just wondering what all the commotion was" I say pushing my way past the girls to get to zeros side. I couldn't help but pick up on the comments said about me; "did you see that eye patch", "she looks disgusting", "what do you think happened to her"

I try to ignore them yet didn't notice one of them place there foot out to trip me.

"Ahhh" I squealed, squeezing my eyes shut waiting for my body to hit the ground. I prepared for impact but I didn't feel any pain. I look up and notice 2 beautiful ruby eyes looking into my eye. His eyes flashed in an emotion I couldn't decipher.

"Are you all right" his voice as soft as honey called out to me. I just stare at him as his head tilts his brown wavy locks falling in direction.

"Oh yes I'm fine" I blush my heart pounding in my chest.

"Good my name is Kaname let's meet again soon"

"And I'm Rito Mei" his eyes widen with shock, looking deeply into my eye. Silence consumed the night class, they look around distraught. Another student drops his pocky box in shock, a confused expression is drawn onto his face. 

I look at Zero he gives me a confusing shrug. I continue to stare at Kaname as he walks off with a group of students behind him. I notice from the corner of my eye a flash of red coming from one of their re eyes.

"Maybe they're like me" I thought only to realise how crazy that I was being. "No they could never be like me" I gently grab my eye covered eyepatch while walking back to my dorm all the while thinking about Kaname.