She grunts and turns to her boyfriend, frowning and pointing at her neck. "Seriously?"

He slides on his jacket and smirks, strolling her to her and caressing her cheek.

"Didn't hear you complaining." He leans in to kiss her but she places her palms on his shoulders, pushing him backwards and turning back to her reflection.

"Damn it, Eren, I don't have time to cover this up. Everyone's going to see and Heichou-"

Eren rolls his eyes and grabs her red scarf off the floor, thumbing the worn fabric in his hands before circling it around her neck, wrapping it tightly so all of the marks are sealed and covered away.

"There," he mutters, tucking the ends into her jacket. "Just keep it coiled tight, and no one's gonna see.

She lets out an agitated exhale but she has no time to chastise him or adjust her scarf.

"Ah, fine," she sighs, fastening her boots and reaching for the door handle before pivoting and slipping her hand into his. She squeezes lightly and offers him a small smile. "Thank you."

His chest warms and tightens and he grins back, pausing for a moment before pecking her on the cheek. This time she doesn't push him away.

His lips linger a moment too long, and for a moment she considers skipping mandatory practice to stay in bed with him. But then an image of a very upset and lethal Levi pops into her mind.

Her eyes snap open and she twists his arm, pulling the both of them down the hall at lightning speed.

~

Jean leans against a tree, half-eaten apple in his palm. He stares at it, disgruntled, before the dry grass surrounding the open field begins to crackle, signaling a newcomer. He cranes his neck to sound to find not one, but two soldiers sprinting toward him

He grunts and tosses the apple behind him, scowling, when he realizes who it is.
And why they were late.

They approach, out of breath and red. Eren doubles over and Mikasa rests against the tree, both of them panting loudly.
Armin approaches.

"Hey, where've you two been?"

Both of their eyes grow wide in alarm, flashing to Armin, Jean, and then each other.
Jean narrows his eyes.

"Yeah, what the hell have you guys been up to?" He turns to Eren, jealously flaring up within him. "Didn't hear you go into your room last night, either."

Just then Sasha and Connie pop up, whispering to each other and giggling. Christa approaches, wearily, from behind; an angelic glow shining from behind her small form.
Eren clears his throat and tightens his lips.

"None of your damn business, Kirschstein," he sneers, taking a threatening step closer to Jean.

Mikasa stands up straight, qucikly rushing between the boys. "Guys, don't-"

A breeze picks up, rustling their hair and making them shiver. But more importantly, the force causes Mikasa's already loose scarf to unravel and expose her neck.

Eren gulps and Jean balls up his fist. Armin averts his eyes and Connie snickers into his palm. Mikasa turns a deep shade of red to compliment her scarf.

"Is that a hickey, Mikasa?!" Sasha asks, astounded. She whips around to Connie, holding out her palm.

"I win the bet! Pay up!"

"W-what bet?" Eren stutters, avoiding Jean's cold gaze.

"Sasha bet that it'd take less than a week since being assigned to Squad Levi for you two to... you know," Connie smirks, digging into his pocket.

"Seriously, you two? It was bad enough back at the Trainee Camps, but here? Really?" Armin scolds, folding his arms.

Jean's eyes flash and in a second, his fingers are curled around Eren's collar and his fist wringed back.

"Let him down, Kirschstein," a low rasps from behind them. In an instant, Eren is dropped and all the teenagers and facing Levi, standing in firm salutes.

"Damn brats," he hisses walking up to Eren and Mikasa, who stand side by side.

"This true? Are you two-," he shutters, squinting his eyes closed.

"U-uh, y-yes Heichou."

Levi sighs cracks his eyes open, facing Mikasa and cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes, Heichou. It's true."

"Damn hormonal brats," he hisses, pressing his palm to his forehead. "They don't pay me enough for this," he mutters under his breath.

"Do whatever the hell you want, but Jaeger, I swear to God if you get Ackerman pregnant..!"
Christa places a hand over her delicate mouth and Connie and Sasha burst into laughter.

Armin sighs, unable to suppress a smile. Jean just throws his hands up in the hair, completely reminded of his lack-of-faith in humanity.
Eren flusters and Mikasa gasps, the both of them blushing deeply.

"D-don't worry, Levi-heichou, I would never-"

Levi holds up his hand, furrowing his thin eyebrows.

"I don't want to hear about your damn sex life, Jaeger. But no way in hell am I losing Ackerman for nine-months and then becoming sleep-deprived because of your hellion-spawn. Got it?"

The both of them straighten, despite their mortified expressions.

"Yes, sir!"

Levi nods, sighing. "Good, good. Now, go grab your Maneuver Gear. We're timing the practice course today."

The group collectively sighs but hurries off to grab their equipment nonetheless. Levi watches them run off and rolls his eyes.

"Damn brats," he mutters before whizzing off into the trees, eager to make his new Squad work for his respect.

{ I hope you guys like these little stories! }

Instagram:
@ attackoneremika (eremika)