Part 4 ( Last part )

A war leads to destruction. The war between the mind and heart had considerably damaged Shravan. He had become extremely fragile yet tried to put up a tough exterior. A forehead kiss from his Sumo had broken down his shell. Before her stood the very 18 years old vulnerable Shravan. But this time she wouldn't insult him.

Both were drenched in the shower of love

She guided him to the Malhotra Mansion and upto their room. He stood before the walk-in closet with his head hanging low. She locked the door of their room and walked towards him with determined steps. Her hands went around the back of his neck and pulled his face down towards her. Her lips made their way to his stubbly cheek. She  dragged her soft plump petals down to his sharp jawline . Her fingers made mindless patterns on the sides of his neck. Shravan stood still , basking in her warmth. He didn't have the courage to hold her close. His posture stiffened as soon as she suckled the skin of his neck.

Her hands came undone from behind his neck. She walked away into the closet and came back with the divorce papers . 'Tumhara precious Crossword Dictionary kahan hai Shravan ? I hope u didn't leave it in London ! '
Shravan looked at his briefcase lying on the sofa , Suman didn't waste a second and dug out the letter which he wrote to her , eleven years ago. He stood dumbfounded.
' You have to choose either of them Shravan. It's high time you end this bipolar attitude of yours. You can't go around with this letter which holds the words of your innocent love when you are very much prepared to divorce the same person to whom you had written  this ' , her voice cracked . Shravan stood at crossroads. The letter was the symbol of his first love. It is filled with the emotions of the 18 years old him. How could he let go of it ? He had preserved it for years , away from everyone's prying eyes.
The divorce papers would rip her away from him , giving her the required freedom.

He slowly looked up at her face. Exhaustion was written allover her beautiful face , yet her eyes told a different story. They were pleading him to stay , to love her and be his forever. Tonight there was no mist. Her love shown like bright stars in the night sky. The very love he had craved for, was out in the open. She had never looked at him the way she did at this moment.

He took a step forward and grabbed his precious letter , turned around to safely keep it away in the book.
She  immediately embraced him in a tight hug from the back. Resting her face sideways on his broad back  she whispered , ' Yes , it is love Shravan. I have failed you several times , this my only chance to rectify it . Let me love you Shravan , let me love you.' Her body shook violently as heavy tears made their way down her face.
He turned towards her still in her embrace. Gently gathering her in his arms , his thumbs smudged the saline droplets flowing from her orbs.
' I am so sorry Sumo , I am sorry for hurting you endlessly. I use to boast about knowing you the best but I couldn't see the truth. I misjudged you. I was too blind in my own perceptions' , Shravan broke down infront of her. ' I wanted to end our relationship to prevent history  repeating itself. I could see my parents in our fights ! Main bohot darr gaya tha Sumo. I didn't want to hurt you anymore. But I was and am a fool. I couldn't see beyond the superficial anger in your eyes.'

'Shravan , promise me that you won't run away anytime in future. Even if you do , you won't find your Sumo waiting for you anymore ' , she said with misty eyes. Pulling her closer he promised her a future together.

As the rain came down once again,  both stood by window with their hands outstretched ( in a dry pair of clothes) letting the drops of cold water run over their palms. The wretched divorce papers laid on the terrace , rainwater flowing across it , dissolving the ink which stated their separation.

Poles apart yet their love had bound them together. Their love had surpassed all earthly restrictions.
Time couldn't erase the love from their hearts. Anger and ego had only veiled it.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken
Love’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle’s compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
( Sonnet 116 - William Shakespeare )

The night passed in sharing all their insecurities and grief. When the sun showed up in the horizon , sleep crashed on the newly minted lovers. This time they didn't sleep at the two edges of the bed , instead found solace in each other's arms.

The path of life is waiting to see them walk together , hand in hand. Life knows they will falter , cry and will be writhing in pain but not alone. She will be his guiding angel and him her wings.

माना कि हम यार नहीं, लो तय है कि प्यार नहीं
फिर भी नज़रें ना तुम मिलाना, दिल का एतबार नहीं
माना कि हम यार नहीं

Their eyes did meet , they did fall in love , they did rejuvenate their friendship.

Years later  her memory box treasured another piece of paper where LOVE was explained in their language...............

L is for "laughter" we had along the way.
O is for "optimism" you gave me every day.
V is for "value" of being my best friend.
E is for "eternity," a love that has no end.

                       CURTAINS

This is the last chapter of 'Mana ke hum yaar nahi'
Thanks a lot everyone for voting and commenting. A special thanks to Anokhi Di for literally pushing me to write this story and Sanjh Di for designing the beautiful cover.
Will hopefully get back with another Shraman story soon !
Loads of love to everyone. Please stay safe.