Chapter 5

And there he was in front of you, as handsome as always. You had to pull yourself together to not check him out bluntly.

He had his hands in the pockets of his grey suit pants and a smile appeared on his face as he recognized you.

"Taehyung", you breathed, happy and desperate at the same time. Your heart jumped, because you could finally see him again, but on the other hand, you just wanted to run into his arms and not let go.

"I wouldn't have thought to meet you again this way", he said approaching you.

"Me neither", you said shyly and brushed your hair behind your ear. He wandered his eyes up and down your body and chuckled lowly.

"Is that my shirt?", he asked observing you closely. You blushed deeply and avoided his gaze.

"Um, yes", you said embarrassed, "of course, you'll get it back." You stepped nervously from one foot to the next and hid your red face.

"No, you can keep it", he said softly and offered you his arm, "shall we grab a drink?"

"Yes, sure", you accepted linking arms with him.

"How have you been?", he asked after you got something to drink and went outside to talk in peace.

"Good", you lied to him and faked a smile. He shook his head in disbelief and sipped on his glass.

"I know that that's not true", he said letting his gaze wander around. You bit your lip and thought about what you could say now.

"I broke up with Kai, if you can even call it a break up", you said quietly fidgeting with your fingers.

"You better off", he said with an angry undertone which made you snap your head at him.

"What?", you asked uncertain about what he meant.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that", he apologised, "you just deserve better, in my eyes." A small smile curved up on your lips and you lowered your head.

"Maybe", you mumbled.

"Yes, you do", he said fiercely, "you just don't see it." You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at him confused. He sighed and turned towards you as if he wanted to tell you something, but hesitated.

"Promise me...", he said thinking for a couple of seconds about his words, "that you never fall for such an ass like him again. Find someone who treats you like a queen, someone like..." You looked at him but he didn't finish his sentence.

"Like who?", you asked in a low voice and hoped he would say 'like me'.

"Just promise me that", he said not answering. You gulped sadly and nodded.

"Okay, I promise", you said and he gave you a weak smile.

Time passed and you tried your best to forget about Taehyung. As fast as he has come into your life, he has gone in the same way. It was clear to you that he didn't feel the same about you.

In the last six months you had gone through a lot concerning your feelings and heart, so you decided it was time to start something new.

And Ciara was more than happy to help you. She managed to get you into her team and now you were where you actually liked it the most.

You toured with several artists and worked backstage. From time to time it was hard for you, because everything reminded you of Kai and mostly Taehyung, but you just pushed those feelings away. Fortunately, you haven't crossed neither of their ways.

But luck wasn't on your side. You were walking down the hallway backstage to organise the props, when you harshly bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're-- Y/N!", a voice which you recognised immediately said, "long time no see." You looked up and stared blankly into Kai's face. He hasn't changed a bit.

"Yes, luckily", you said and muttered the last word underneath your breath, so he didn't hear it. You were about to go your own way, but he held you back by your wrist.

"Listen, Y/N", he said pleading, "I am truly sorry for what happened. After you showed me my mistakes and left, I realised what I took for granted. I wanted to call you, but I didn't want to bother you."

"So?", you snapped crossing your arms.

"You have every right to hate me, but.. I hope you can give me a second chance. I really changed", he said begging you with his eyes.