Chapter 4

"Oh, I'm sorry", you said blushing.

"I still don't know your name, by the way", he said chuckling and flashed his cute smile at you. You laughed and shook your head.

"Okay, let's start over, shall we?", you suggested and he nodded.

"Hi, I'm Y/N", you introduced yourself.

"I'm Taehyung. It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/N." You laughed and shook his hand which he held out to you. And for a short moment, you didn't waste your time thinking about Kai.

You enjoyed your breakfast, while he made you constantly giggle. You really liked him, he was kind of special.

However, an incoming call made your small bubble of joy burst. You looked on your phone screen and bit your lower lip so hard that it started bleeding. You answered it and gulped closing your eyes.

"Yes?" "Y/N, where are you?", Kai asked demanding.

"Well, I'm-", you wanted to explain but he interrupted you.

"Nevermind, text me your address. I'm picking you up", he said and hung up. You sighed feeling the heartache returning.

"What is it?", Taehyung asked seeming to truly care.

"Uh, nothing. Kai is coming to pick me up", you told him and when you mentioned his name Taehyung's eyes darkened. You could see that he seemed to be angry about something.

"Are you sure you're okay?", he asked again concerned. You nodded and looked hesitantly in his warm brown eyes.

"Your clothes, can I-" "Of course, you can give them back to me some other time", he said giving you a reassuring smile.

"Thank you", you said feeling like there was more you wanted to tell him, but you weren't sure how. You wrapped up your things and after a couple of minutes the door bell rang. You motioned Taehyung to stay out of Kai's sight, because you didn't want to cause any trouble.

"Come on, let's go", Kai just said coldly without any delight to see you again. And like that you left Taehyung, without knowing anything about him.

You were struggling to find a way to talk with Kai about what you saw yesterday, but eventually you just asked what you needed to know.

"Kai, did you cheat on me?", you asked quietly looking at the road, not at him. You still noticed how he shifted uncomfortably in his seat and grabbed the steering wheel tightly.

"I didn't, what makes you think that?", he asked lying straight to your face. You held your tears back with all your strength.

"Don't lie to me, when I've seen it with my own eyes", you spat gritting your teeth enraged. He didn't say anything and coughed, because you caught him red-handed.

"Don't you have anything to say for yourself?", you said disappointed and looked at his profile.

"Ah come on, Y/N. As if you didn't know it from the start", he said chuckling bitterly, "I mean-"

"Stop the car", you said firmly.

"What- You can't be serious now", he said in disbelief.

"STOP THE CAR", you screamed and he pulled over.

"Y/N-", he said looking at you.

"Don't ever call me again", you warned him and slammed the door walking finally out of his life.

You couldn't say it was easy. It wasn't easy at all, like any other heartbreak. You struggled for a whole two months with your self confidence, blaming yourself and so on.

At the same time, you missed Taehyung like crazy. You didn't know him that well, but you missed his smile, and how he could make you laugh. Not a day passed without you smelling the scent of his shirt and hating yourself for the fact, that you forgot to ask him for his number.

In the end, it was Ciara who made you leave your apartment again. She somehow managed to motivate you to accompany her to an aftershow party.

She practically forced you to put on makeup and wear something acceptable. You decided to wear black high waist jeans and Taehyung's shirt casually tucked in.

"You look cute, now let's go. It will be fun", she said linking arms with you and you gave her a weak smile. The location was a bit more chic than you thought and you were glad, that you had put on at least a bit of jewellery.

You walked in with Ciara while she greeted some members of her team. You looked around all the people with champagne in their hands, when you suddenly heard a deep voice behind you.

"Y/N?"