Chapter 24

2 weeks. 2 weeks since Luca got abducted. 1 week since Mateo just vanished into finding Luca. He had his whole gang or what he calls employees. They are pretty much hired arms. They hunt, steal and kill whoever he tells them to.

He told them the day Luca got abducted to start searching, tracking everything. He told them to do everything possible to find him.

Unlike me Luca was the only person he really had in Italy. I had Mark and Ava, he only had Luca. This is really hard on me but it is especially hard on him. He has y only known Luca for a few months. They were just now starting to get closer, then he just blocked us out.

  He only contacts me when he has a new lead, or what he thinks is a lead. He knows something that I don't but he won't tell me. I have known him for to long for him to keep anything from me. I can tell when he is lying or keeping anything from me. I'm gonna find out what it is.

My phone starts to ring so I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, It's Mateo.."

 "I know who you are. I do have your contact saved."  I tell him.

"Yeah right. I forgot." He mumbles. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask him slightly concerned. 

 He clears his throat and sighs.

 "No. You need to watch Mark closely. He isn't who he says." He tells me making me laugh.

 "Mark? Dangerous? Mateo are you jealous or something?" I ask him. 

"No! Rue I'm not joking Mark is apart of a very powerful ga-"

 He is cut off when Mark walks into the room. 

"Who is that?" I jump at his voice. 

"N-no one." I stutter. 

He looks at me up and down and I can see this suspension in his eyes.

I hang up the phone. 

"Did you need something?" I ask him. 

 "No. Just wondering how my babies are doing." He asks me as he walks closer and kisses my forehead and rubs my stomach. "How is he/she?" He asks me. 

 "Healthy." I tell him. 

 3 weeks ago we found out I was pregnant with Marks child. We planned to tell Luca at his party but we all know how that went. 

"Did the police find anything on Luca?" I ask him. 

"No." He answers plainly. 

"Ok.." I reply as I look down to my phone and think about what Mateo was saying. 

'Mark is apart of a very powerful ga..'

 What was he trying to tell me? I'll just find out later.

"What is going on?" He asks me.

I know I can't tell him the truth.. 

 "I'm just worried about Luca. Anytime a child is kidnapped they say the first 42 hours are crucial, its been 2 weeks.. for all we know he is dead." I choke on my last words. 

"He's not. Trust me."  He mumbled the last 2 words. 

"Okay." I answer back. 

He walks out of the room and I call Mateo. 

"Mateo, tell me what is going on now." 

"Mark is behind Lucas kidnapping." He tells me through the phone. 

"Mateo, you have gone mad." I tell him. 

"Rue, I'm not joking. You know how at Lucas party I was really salty towards Mark?" He asks me. 

"Yeah, it was impossible to miss." I tell him. 

"Well, its because I told my employees to look into him because he looked familiar. So they started digging. They found out that he is a member of my rival gang. As in the Sicilian Mafia. They are more powerful then my gang, and we are powerful. We have reason to believe that he is only dating you to get to me. We also believe he orchestrated Lucas abduction." 

I stay silent for a few moments trying to process everything he just told me. 

"Your saying..that the man whose child is growing in my stomach, is only with me to get to you.. and he is the one who has my son?" I ask him.

"Wait, your pregnant?" He asks me. 

"Yes, now answer my questions." 

"Yes. He most likely knows where Luca is." 

I let out a deep breath. 

"I'm calling the police and telling them everything, everything about Mark," 

"You will do no such thing." I get cut of by Mark pointing a gun at me. "You will hang up the phone or I'll make a call and have your precious son killed." 

"Rue, what is going on?" 

"He knows!" I tell him just as Mark pulls the trigger and a bullet goes into my stomach. 

"Rue! What is going on?!"

Mark picks up the phone out of Rues hands, who is now holding her stomach trying to stop the blood. 

"Sorry, Rue can't come to the phone right now. She is busy.. bleeding out." Mark smirks into the phone. 

"I swear to god Mark if she dies you will be dead!" Mateo hisses into the phone.

"Bye bye now."  Mark hangs up on Mateo and looks down at Rue. 

"Don't worry Rue, now you get to see your precious son." Mark smirks as he grips her chin tight. 

"M-Mateo will find you," Rue tells him as she whimpers in pain, "A-and he will kill you." She finishes.  

~~

Word Count: 885

Very sorry for the long wait! I have had writers block and I was sick for a day or so.

But I will try and publish another chapter before Thursday.

Don't be a silent reader, comment what you think.