Chapter 7

~~Mateos POV~~

I cupped her cheeks and bent down and kissed her. No matter how many times she tells me she doesn't love me, this is the way I will truly know. I may be psychotic, I may be obsessed, but I know I love her even if she does not love me. Maybe after all she does not love me. She does not move, she doesn't pull away. I begin to pull away when she grabs my arm and pulls me back towards her. She kisses me back with much force, with neediness. The kiss lasted a minute at the least then she pulled away. She just stares at me our faces still inches apart. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. She spoke first.

"I don't love you like I first did. but I still love you." She told me as she stared into my eyes.

"I'll accept that. At least you still love me." I responded truthfully.

"Do you really want to be in Lucas life" She asked me with her hand still on my arm and my arms around her waist.

"Yes." I answered. She looked back at her room where Luca was and then back at me.

"Then prove to me you changed. You can't be violent towards Luca or me. You can't be getting drunk all the time or ever around Luca. You have to behave." She told me as she bit her bottom lip. Something I've noticed she has done when she is nervous.

"Okay." I told her as I moved my hand up to her cheek. "I promise, no more drinking, and no more violence towards you or even Luca." I told her with a smile, "I promise." I told her as I stroked her cheek with my thumb. "I want to be in your life again, I want to be in my sons life. He is still so young He needs a father, and I am ready to step up and be a good father, and I am hoping you are willing to accept be back as yours. And only yours." I tell her as I pray for her to tell me okay that she will give me a chance to be together again. She doesn't say anything for a second so I remove my hold on her and head to the door. I open the door and look back at her. She looks up to me and looks into my eyes. She stands there searching my eyes for a few moments until she speaks.

"You have one chance. Make up for the damage you caused. Fix what you caused. One chance." She tells me as she walks towards me. "Goodnight Mateo." She gets on her tippy toes and kisses my cheek.

"Goodnight Rue." I tell her as I close the door.

I finally did it. I got my Rue back. I even got a bonus prize, a son. This time I am willing to do anything to keep her in my life. We will be a family again Rue, I promise.

~~The next day~~

~~Rues POV~~

My alarm continues going off. I groan as I reach over and turn it off. I sit up and rub my eyes. I look over on the other side of the bed and see Luca sleeping soundly. I lean over and kiss his forehead. I felt so bad last night. He was so worried about me cause me and Mateo were fighting. He fell asleep before I even came back in the room last night. I reach up and touch my lips remembering what happened last night. I have always loved Mateo even as I ran. I didn't want to admit to it but everytime I went on a date it didn't go past the first date. If they kissed me at the end like Mark did I would kiss back to see if there were any sparks anything between us, but there never was. But when Mateo kisses me all I see are fireworks. Thousands of fireworks exploded each time our lips connect.

I get out of bed and go to take a shower. Like always I start the water first and then get undressed. My eyes go to the mirror and look at the scar on my chest. Everytime I look at it I feel hatred towards Mateo for doing this to me, but this time I felt nothing.Like it was just there, no memories attached. Everything has changed.
———————————————
Word count: 750.