Chapter 28

My alarm wakes me up, I groan. School. I roll out of bed and grab my phone.

A text from Liam, "morning princess! I'm picking you up, be ready at 7:45"

I have half and hour before Liam will be here. I look in my closet, I seriously need to go shopping. I sigh before deciding on a pair of black skinny jeans, my converse, and my favorite hoodie.

I look in the mirror and run my fingers through my long brown hair. I throw my hair in a messy bun and grab my bag. I run down the stairs, I have 10 minutes to eat. I grab an apple, Liam honks the horn from outside.

I run out to meet him, I shove my bag in the backseat.

"Morning" he says handing me a coffee
"Your the best" I smile and kiss his cheek
"I know" he smirks

We pull into the parking lot, we get out and walk towards the school. Liam tries to grab my hand but I pull away before he can.

I see Zach and run up to him. He wraps his arms around me and lifts me off my feet.
"Morning gorgeous" he says
"Morning" I say with a smile
"Why were you with Liam?"
"He gave me a ride"
"Oh" Zach replies with a slight frown on his face

I stand on my tiptoes and give him a quick kiss,
"You don't need to be jealous," I tease
"I know" he sighs,"I have to get to class, see you at lunch"
"See ya" I say with a smile before walking toward my first class.

I stop at my locker and grab my algebra books. I enter the classroom and take a seat in the back. I open my textbook and finish the last few questions on the homework that I was too lazy to do last night.

We get assigned our classwork, I begin to work but I turn around as I feel a tap in my shoulder.

"Hey" says a girl I don't recognize
"Um do I know you" I ask
She laughs, "I'm Brooke"
"Maddie" I say
"So your dating Zach Williams" Brooke says
"Uh yeah" I laugh nervously
"How come I never noticed you before?" She asks
"I'm quiet" I respond
"I noticed" she says before turning back to her friends

Gosh, people these days.

I throw my math stuff in my locker, I have my free period now.

I open the door to one of our student rooms, I sit on my favorite couch. It's right by the window so the sun shines down on me. This room is usually empty that's why I always come here.

I click shuffle on my phone, I close my eyes and let the music take over. I like to drown out the rest of the world, it helps me relax.

The door opens interrupting my peace.

"Maddie?"
"Yeah" I say looking up. My teacher Mr. Harting looks down at me.
"Come with me for a moment"
"Okay" I say and follow him towards his office

"I noticed you don't participate in many school activities " he informs me
"I like to keep to myself" I answer
"I know but we would really like to see you get involved more with the school"
I sigh, "what do you suggest"
"Girls soccer tryouts are tonight, you should go."
I laugh, "I don't do soccer"
"I'm trying to help you Maddie"
"Okay, okay I'll go" I say and walk out of his room