chapter 30 (final)

//A.N. : Bakugo is slightly OOC and I altered song lyrics to the song "love story, taylor swift" , no hate please ily bye//

On the stage stood Bakugo with a small smile, holding the microphone as if his life depended on it. Y/n stood there, completely dumbfounded. There were a few students complaining in the background but anyone who knew about the relationship was cheering.

Suddenly, a curtain rose behind bakugo and there stood Jiro, a microphone on a stand in front of her as she held her guitar. Behind her was her father on the drum set and her mother with a violin. She seemed a bit uncomfortable at first but Bakugo turned to her and showed her something, making everyone curious. He hid the object before anyone could peek as Jiro's smile grew wide and her confidence seemed to be back.

She took a deep breath and started to scratch the strings on the guitar, doing a rapid but somehow soft series of chords. Just as she barely staring to sing the first words of the song, Shinsou pulled y/n in for a dance, making her quite confused. She glanced around to try to find her boyfriend but he seemed to have vanished again.

"We were both young when I first saw you,
I close my eyes and the flashback starts;
I'm standing there
On a balcony in summer air..."

The words Jiro sang seemed to trigger y/n's memories a bit. She could already see herself and Bakugo as children, running through the ballroom to go out by the side balcony and escape in the garden.

Just as she started to get lost in her thoughts, Shinsou spun y/n into someone else's arms. She was surprised to see Todoroki. He was quite but smiled politely at her. "Thanks for being my friend" he muttered before Jiro went on with the lyrics.

"I see the lights, see the party, the ball gowns,
I see you make your way through the crowd to say hello,
Little did I know..."

Was that his perspective of the day they met as children? She felt a tiny bit bad he thought she was making her way to the snack table for that, but she's happy that's how he remembered the night.

Just like Shinsou did, Todoroki spun y/n into someone else's arms. The person who caught her mid-spin was non other than Deku, who smiled brightly at her. "Enjoying the night so far?" He asked her softly. She nodded as she mimicked his smile, finding it funny that he was able to hide his nervousness.

"Yeah I was Romeo and I was throwing pebbles,
And your daddy said stay away from Juliette,
And you were crying on the stair case, begging me please don't go..."

He smiled down at y/n again before stopping the dance and bowing like a proper gentle man. She was about to bow too but a hand caught her and pulled her to dance a little less formally.

Momo was dancing to the beat of the music and nit formally, unlike the boys. She giggled as she got y/n to follow her moves. "You are amazing y/n, Don't forget!" She said before Jiro continued.

"Juliette take me somewhere we came be alone,
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run,
I'll be the prince and you'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby just say yes"

And just like that, Kirishima came in to pull me into another formal dance. He had his usual bright smile on display, the one that was too contagious to not smile back. "Bakubro is a lucky guy, that's for sure." He said as they danced along with the song.

"So I sneak out to the garden to see you,
We keep quiet cause we're dead if they knew,
So close your eyes,
Escape this town for a little while."