Day Fourteen: Redecorating

Începe de la început

'Seriously, why now?' She thought annoyed. Tikki quickly hid as Marinette opened her trapdoor.

"Hello Princess!" Chat Noir dropped onto her bed smiling.

"Hey Chat. I'm kinda busy right now." She offered him an apologetic glance.

"Redecorating your room right?" He asked her eagerly.

"Um yeah! How'd you know?" She asked surprised. He gave her a wink.

"I have my ways. Anyway, that's why I stopped by, I wanted to help you!" He told her excitedly.

"Ummm, okay, well the thing is," Marinette sighed. "When I said 'redecorating my room' it wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth." Chat Noir cocked his head.

"What do you mean?" He asked politely. Marinette took in a deep breath.

"I mean, that while I am redecorating my room, I'm only redecorating a certain part of it and it's more than just redecorating my room." She casted a glance at him to see him listening intently. "You see that boy in the photos next to you?" He nodded.

Of course he did. That boy was him, not that Marinette knew that.

"Well, I used to have a huge crush on him." She responded.

'Wait, what? Marinette liked me? But I thought she was just intimated by me, oh wait. The stutter, the gifts, the eagerness, the STATUE INCIDENT! Nino was right, I AM oblivious, wait a second, used to?'

"Used to?" Chat asked, voicing his thoughts.

"Yeah, I got over him not to long ago. I'm still not sure if I truly don't like him anymore, but to get over him, I need to remove his face from my room. But, I'm not about to tell people that, so I just told them I was redecorating." Marinette explained.

Every word she said was like a beating to Chat Noir. She got over him. Why? Who stole his Princess away from him? He was too late. It was too late for them. If only he had realized that he loved her sooner. He was an idiot. He had let her slip through his fingers. Why didn't he fight for her? Why didn't he tell her that he loved her? He should tell her, he should tell her how he felt right now. But, he didn't.

"Want any help?" He said instead.

"Oh! Um sure! Thanks Chat! Just take down the ones on the bulletin board except for the class photo and the ones with Alya and Nino. Everything else can go in the trash." She told him and he nodded.

With each picture he tore down a new self-doubting thought entered his mind. Each time he heard Marinette muttering his heart skipped a beat reminding him of this amazing girl that he had given up. 

"Why'd you get over him?" Chat asked suddenly. Marinette tensed.

"Well frankly, he only sees me as a friend."

'No he doesn't.'

"And I'm pretty sure he's going to start going out with this girl named Kagami."

'No, he's not going too.'

"And even if he didn't I needed to get over him."

'No, you don't.'

"I mean, if he learnt of my crush on him, he'd think I'm crazy."

'No, he wouldn't.'

"And would probably run for the hills if he knew all the photos I have because I like him, not because I'm into fashion."

'No, he wouldn't.'

"And somebody confessed to me not to long ago."

'Luka.'

"So I might give him a chance."

'No don't!'

"But, to do that I have to get over Adrien."

'No don't'

"He makes me happy." She looked over her shoulder, smiled, and shrugged. Chat looked at her. Her smile, her eyes, were filled with brightness. Adrien never caused that.

"I'm glad." He heard himself say over the sound of his heart breaking.

"Thanks for helping me, Chat."

"Anything for you, Princess." He told her earnestly. 'Even if it means giving this up. If he makes you happy, that's all that matters. I just want you to be happy.'

"Thank you!" She smiled brightly.

"Y-yeah. So you and this other guy are going to give it a shot?" Marinette nodded, blushing slightly.

"Y-yeah. I think so. I'm nervous, but excited. I think Luka and I are really going to work."

If his heart wasn't already in shambles, that might've actually hurt.

"That's great." He gave her a fake smile. She just laughed.

"I'm glad you think so!"

"Um, I have to go." He needed to get out of there. 

He needed to get away from the girl who had captured his heart and broke it. It hurt. It hurt more than the rejections from Ladybug. He didn't know that it could hurt this bad.

"Aw, really?" She pouted. 

It was totally unfair. All he wanted to do was kiss her, but she had just finished telling him her plans for asking out another boy! He really was unlucky.

"Yeah sorry, civilian life and whatnot." He gave her a small smile. She nodded. 

"Okay, thanks for your help Chat, I really appreciate it." She told him standing up to see him out.

"It's no problem Princess!" He flashed her a smile and then got out of there, before the tears started to roll down his cheeks.

"Something's up." Marinette said, crossing her arms and looking at the spot where the kitten had been only a few moments prior.

"What makes you think that?" Tikki questioned, coming out of hiding.

"No puns the entire time, nor did he tease me about Adrien or Luka. He wasn't affectionate in anyway. I'm worried about him Tikki." She said, frowning softly. "I wish I knew what." 

Sighing she returned to her project, determined to put her crush on Adrien Agreste behind her once and for all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baddabing! Baddaboom! Baddabam! Another one-shot done!  I have been soooo excited to write this and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. So, one of the things I want to see in Season 4 is Marinette taking down her photos of Adrien, especially if she gets together with Luka. I think that it'd be a good place to determine that Marinette has gotten over Adrien and is ready to move on. Move on to Chat Noir that is. I'm shameless Marichat shipper, don't judge. ANYWAY vote and comment if you've enjoyed! Bye!                                                                                                                      -Colorado