Day Twelve: Video Games

Hello y'all! I hope everyone is healthy and staying indoors. Social distancing is very important! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Vote and comment if you do! This one shot is rating teen! Thanks for reading!!                                                                                                                                                -Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was no secret that Marinette Dupain-Cheng was unbeatable when it came to video games. It had come as a surprise to everyone when she had beaten Adrien and no surprise at all when she won the video-game tournament with Max.

Adrien was shocked when he learned of Marinette's talents. He had been playing video-games for years while he was homeschooled and yet that girl had beat him like it was nothing. Maybe it was petty, but he wanted a rematch. It became a personal goal of his to beat her on UMS 3 at least once.

However, whenever he tried to ask her as Adrien something got in his way. Either Chloe or Lila or an akuma or even the girl's ever-growing busyness. He thought that it was odd that her schedule was as bad as his. He knew that she did designing, and sometimes helped her parents out in the bakery. Of course, there was schoolwork too, but Adrien had to do all that and more. Plus he was a superhero on top of it! It's not like she ran around fighting akumas like he did.

He knew that it sounded unreasonable, but he was tired of hearing a "Sorry, I'm busy." from the girl whenever he actually got the opportunity to ask if she wanted to rematch him.

She had left him no choice. 

The day had seemed normal for Marinette, she went to school, did some designing, helped out her parents, attended to her Ladybug duties, and was now doing her homework. Luckily, she had finished everything that was due tomorrow, but she liked to get a head start on her studies. She never knew when being Guardian would come and smack her in the face.

'Tap, tap, tap.' That was odd. She decided to ignore it. 'tap, tap, tap.' There it was again! Was she hearing things? 'Knock, knock, knock.' Okay, she definitely heard that. Quickly, she climbed up to bed and opened up the trap door.

She was expecting a pigeon, NOT a superhero. 

"Chat Noir?" She asked, incredibly confused as to what he was doing here.

"Uh, hey Marinette." He greeted her awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"Well, I, uh, don't really have anything going on and I was wondering if I could hang out here? If you don't want me to, that's fine, I can go." He said turning around to leave.

"No! No!" Marinette protested still on her bed with her head sticking out into the cold air. "It's fine. We've hung out before, so why don't you come in?" She asked kindly. He nodded and smiled. 

"Thanks, Mari." She nodded in response and disappeared. 

Chat Noir followed hesitantly down the hatch. Sure, he'd been in her room before, but that was either as Adrien or due to an akuma. He'd hate to over step his bounds. He saw Marinette sitting on her desk chair hunched over and working on something. Scurrying of her bed, he went down to go see what she was working on.

"Whatcha got there?" He asked politely.

"Oh, just some homework. It's not due until next week, though." She said, pushing it aside.

"Ah."

"So what do you want to do? I can put this away."  She waved to her homework. Chat smirked, remembering what brought him here in the first place.