Day Eleven: Hiding

Start from the beginning

"What?" Marinette asked, her heart breaking for her partner. 

"See girl? That's what the big news was." Alya told her, slipping her phone into her pockets. "I'll leave you two be. See you at school." Alya then exited the room.

Chat wished that she had stayed. Then maybe he wouldn't have to face Marinette's fury alone.

"Mari I'm so sorry, he didn't give me a choice." He pleaded

"Shut up." She growled. His ears drooped down. "I can't believe him. He's the one how should be say sorry, not you." She told him, her voice low and dangerous. Nevertheless, her words cheered him up.

"You're not mad?" He asked cautiously.

"I'm pissed." She told him and his ears drooped. "But, not at you." He turned to face her. He still on her bed and she was sitting on her desk chair by her chaise. She smiled at him. "Come here Kitty, you deserve some cuddles." She told him in a soft voice. 

He made his way towards her and she stood up, opening her arms. As soon as they touched, he melted. All of his barriers broke and he started sobbing.

"Shhhh it's okay, Adrien." Marinette told him, running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm so sorry." He sobbed, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

"It's okay, Kitty, really." She comforted him. 

"I just don't understand how he could do something like this." He sobbed into her shoulder.

"I don't get it either, but he'll be brought in by the police sooner or later. I mean, you know his identity now, so you can easily get him arrested."

"I know." He voice was heavy.

"But you don't want him too?" Marinette asked hesitantly. She wouldn't blame him if he didn't he was still his father.

"No, no, I want to turn him in. Trust me, Mari, that man is not my father. My father left the day my mother did."

"Oh minou." Marinette tightened her grip on him.

"It's just heartbreaking," his voice cracked on heartbreaking, "because if my father's Hawkmoth then Nathalie is probably Mayura. My family or what I thought was my family never cared about me at all." He said sobbing. Marinette stroked his hair softly. "I have anywhere to go, I don't know what to do. I feel so lost. I-"

"Chat Noir." Marinette said gently, cutting off his rant. "You can stay here." 

"W-what?" He asked, finally looking at the girl.

"Stay here. My family loves you and I'm sure they'll be happy to have you stay here."

"Marinette, I can't do that. I'd hate to be a bother." 

"You won't be I promise. I'd be worried sick if you didn't stay."

"Thank you, Princess. Do you really think your parents will let me?"

"I'm sure of it." Her voice sounded so determined, it warmed Chat's heart. "You can hide out here for a while, okay?" She wiggled out of his embrace. 

"Okay, where are you going?" He asked her, she gave him a large smile.

"To get us some snacks of course! And to ask my parents if you can stay, but don't worry they'll say yes."

"Thank you for everything, Marinette."

"Of course! I wouldn't be a very good friend if I didn't help you out." With that she disappeared.