Day Eight: First Kiss

Start from the beginning

Too blinded by someone else.

Like Adrien, when she first realized this fact she denied it. Denied everything. Denied the skeptic looks her kwami gave her, denied the questions from Alya, denied the fact that she couldn't stop smiling when she thought of the superhero who had weaseled his way into her heart. 

However, she couldn't deny it forever. She knew that sooner or later the truth would come out and she wasn't sure what she would do when it did.

Neither of the two expected the truth to come out that night.

It had appeared as normal. Chat Noir was chatting with Marinette easily on her balcony. He was sitting on the rails and Mari was sitting on the table.

"It's just so heart warming." He was saying, taking a sip of his hot cocoa. "Their faces light up and" he sighed "it reminds me why I love to be Chat Noir." He was talking about the days events. Specifically, when he crashed a little boy's superhero themed birthday party.

"You're too pure for this world." Marinette told him. Chat Noir just shrugged.

"It was the kid's birthday, he deserved a treat." 

"Well, I'm sure he's going to be the most popular kid in school for a while thanks to you." Mari smiled affectionately at the boy. He inwardly groaned.

'Seriously Mari? You aren't making this easy with that smile.' He thought. It wasn't that he didn't like her smile, he actually adored it. The problem was is that with that smile on her face, in the pale Parisian moonlight, she looked incredibly attractive. 

"Sometimes I forget about the impact I have. I mean behind the mask, I'm just another person you know?" He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Well, since I'm not a superhero, not really." Marinette gave him a smile.

"You were Multimouse." He reminded her. 

"Nobody knew about Multimouse except for you and me."

"And Ladybug."

"Well yeah, obviously. I meant besides her." She chuckled nervously. 

"Right." Chat turned around, so he couldn't see her exhale in relief. "Anyway, the impact that I have. As much as I'm honored, it's also a bit scary." Marinette stood up and walked over to him.

"Why's that?"

"Because I can't really be myself in public. Both sides of the mask are pretty famous." Marinette laid a comforting hand in Chat's wrist.

'Are you trying to murder me?' He thought at the contact.

"I'm sorry Chat." She gave his wrist a squeeze and then let go.

'Nooooo please come back!'

"It's okay Princess, I can be myself around you and Ladybug, that's all I really need." He replied. Marinette felt her cheeks grow warm.

'Damn cat, you can't say things like that to me.'

"You'll always be welcome here, Chat. No matter what." Marinette told him. "When things get to overwhelming, get your butt over here and we can talk okay?"

"Marinette, that's really sweet but I don't want to impose."

'What the hell Chat? Don't you see I want you to impose? Let me be there for you Kitty!'

"You won't be." She told him wanting to silence his worries.

"But I don't want to worry you-."

"Chat. Noir." She told him a look of seriousness on her face. "You will worry me more if you don't come." She took a small step towards him till she was staring in his eyes. It was intense. The energy radiating off of her was nearly too much for Chat to handle. "I won't care if it's 2 freaking am. When life gets to much get over here before I get Ladybug to drag you to my balcony. Don't think I won't." She growled at him.

'Wow, that was hot.' He thought, his face red. 

"O-okay Princess" He managed to choke out. 

"Good." Marinette turned on her heel and put a sizable distance between them, even though neither of them wanted it.

"But why?" Chat asked. Marinette turned to look at him.

"What do you mean why?"

"Why are you offering this to me?" He asked. The sadness on her kitty's face broke Marinette's heart. Marinette walked over to him and hugged him. He tensed at first, but then melted into the hug.

'Ohhh this feels so nice. She's so warm and smells of cookies.' He started to purr. 

"Because I care about you Chat." She responded, voice muffled due to her face being buried in his chest. "I care about you." She repeated. "And I need to make sure my Kitty is okay."

That was the moment the bomb exploded. 

The first second the only thing Marinette feel was that her lips were touching something rather soft. Softer than a chest should be.

Then she realized what exactly her lips were touching. Her brain wanted her to pull away, but her heart had temporarily taken control of her movements and her mindset, so did the thing she's been wanting to do and dreading to do. She kissed back.

As soon as she kissed back she realized how good this felt, how right, how emotional and passionate. She could tell what he was thinking all due to a kiss. He was nervous, just like she was, and excited, just like she was, and was that love?

She sighed happily as she melted into him. Then he let go.

'No! I want more! More kisses! More cuddles! I want you!' Her heart pleaded. However in the next moment, Marinette's brain regained control over her body. 'Wait, what the everloving hell just happened? Did we just-?'

"DON'T SAY ANYTHING!" Chat's cry broke through her thoughts. "I, uh, I have to go!" He leapt off her balcony sprinting away. Leaving the girl behind confused and still processing what the hell happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mwahahahaha! I feel so evil for writing this and leaving it here, but oh well! The next part will come out tomorrow! Please vote and comment it means the world!                                                                    -Colorado