Day Seven: Sunset

Start from the beginning

"OKAY WE GOT YOUR POINT!" Marinette screamed reaching over to clamp her hand over the girl's mouth. Alya erupted into a fit of giggles.

"I'm down for a superhero movie." Nino shrugged.

"I always love watching the stunts!" Adrien's eyes shone like a little kid on Christmas. "I mean some of the acrobatics on the movies are mind-blowing!"

"You keep talking about the movie acrobatics, but have you seen Ladybug and Chat Noir's moves? Like those are amazing and they aren't green-screen!" Alya brought up the famous protectors of Paris.

"It always worries me when I see Chat pull off those stunts, he may be a superhero, but he can still get hurt." Mari frowned. They all knew that Marinette was close with the hero. Adrien for obvious reasons. Alya because she had walked in on Chat and Marinette once. Nino because Alya told him. 

"Do I smell a celebrity crush?" Adrien teased. To his surprise, Marinette's face grew red.

"NO! Of course not! Me like Chat Noir? Pfft. Of COURSE not! Hehehe" She denied. To any bystander it would've been clear that she was lying, but Adrien decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Oh okay." Adrien shrugged as Alya and Nino exchanged glances.

"You're believing that?" Alya asked incredulously.

"Alyaaaaa." Marinette complained. "You know who I like." 

"True, but that doesn't mean I can't tease you mercilessly about your friendship with Chat Noir." Alya threw an arm around Marinette. She grumbled something that Adrien couldn't hear.

"Love you too, girl."

'Marinette has a crush? I thought I knew everything about her. I guess not.' Adrien pondered Marinette's words. 'It sounds like she doesn't like Chat, so who else would she like?' Adrien's eyebrows furrowed.

"Adrien, man, you good?" Nino asked him.

"Yeah. Just got lost in thought."

"Ah, well come on." While Adrien had spaced out Alya and Marinette had engaged in conversation and were keeping up a swift pace ahead of the boys out of hearing range.

"Yo Nino..." Adrien wondered if it was a good idea to talk to Nino about this, but he needed to know. 

"Yeah dude?"

"Who do you think Marinette has a crush on?" There, he asked the question that had been on his mind a lot longer than just a few minutes ago.

"I don't know, why?" Nino responded. Adrien shrugged.

"Just curious." He tried to pass off as nonchalant. Luckily, it worked on Nino.

"Ah, well if you really want to know, ask her!"

"So Alya really hasn't told you?" Adrien tried one last time. No way could he ask Marinette who she liked. As Adrien, she was just becoming comfortable around him and as Chat, well, as Chat she told him that she didn't like anyone. 

"No, not this time. Whoever it is, she's certainly secretive about it."

"Huh."

"But, I mean, if you want my guess..."

"YES PLEASE!" Adrien quickly tried to cover up his unexplained enthusiasm. "I mean, sure."

"I say it's Luka." Nino responded. Adrien's heart sank.

'Luka. Of course it's Luka, why wouldn't it be? They're really close and she went to the ice rink with him and got ice cream with him, who did you think it would be?' Adrien let out a long sigh because he knew the answer to the last question.