i. the girl is back in town

3rd

Lucas, Farkle, Maya, and Riley had become inseparable since there 8th-grade year of school, when they had realized that Cori wasn't coming back and they were unable to change how they treated her, they changed how they treated one another

Lucas, Farkle, Maya, and Riley had become inseparable since there 8th-grade year of school, when they had realized that Cori wasn't coming back and they were unable to change how they treated her, they changed how they treated one another. And, a new person was soon added to the group, his name was Zay, Lucas' best friend from Texas. And now, the fab five were trying to paint Lucas' parking space at their high school, since he was the only one with an actual license they thought helping him paint was the nicest thing they could do since he drove them everywhere.

"I just don't understand he had to come," Farkle said to his friends as Riley's uncle Josh just smirked at them, his arms crossed. "He's not even helping."

"He's just eye candy," Maya said, smiling at Josh, it was safe to say that her crush was still a thing and possibly worse now that they were both slightly older, "damn."

"Shut up, and grabbed this," Zay said rolling his eyes, handing her two cans of paint. Lucas was right behind him with more cans, he bought probably too much but he didn't really know where he was going with, so he hoped the creativity that his friends had would just take over. All of his peers had already painted their spaces weeks ago, but being the procrastinator that he was, he put it off 'til the very last minute. But, looking around the lot, he knew he wasn't alone.

"Okay, what about...friends but like the show?" Riley asked, scrolling through pictures on her phone of painted parking space.

"Too predictable," Josh said to the kids, "now if you want something fun and quirky, how you paint nothing," he said his voice uninterested because he definitely had ulterior motives for being here. He'd overheard his brother talking to Shawn on the phone and had an inkling that Cori Hunter-Reed might be back in town, so he texted hoping she had the same number as before she had left—the two hadn't talked to one another in years, and she did, and you know what he found out? That Cori Hunter-Reed would be in this very same parking lot, around this time and he had to see her!

"That's stupid," Farkle said, not catching the sarcasm, "how about we do the periodic table, it's fun yet smart." He said nodding his head as Josh got a text, his face lighting up immediately.

"This is all really fun, but I have to go meet someone," he told them, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"I wanna go!" Maya said quickly, putting the paint on the ground and running to his side.

He was too lazy to fight so he shrugged, "whatever."

"If she gets to come, so do I!" Riley said coming to her best friends said.

"Adventure!" Farkle said, following the other two.

"What about my space," Lucas said to his unbelievable friends.

"If they are going to so am I," Zay said abandoning his best friend.

"Guess I'm going to then," Lucas mumbled under his breath, annoyed. Putting this off for any longer wasn't going to do any more harm anyway.